Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

French Registered Vehicle

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I look after the fleet at work (UK based) and we have taken on a French engineer located outside of Paris. He has a French van, which is the company’s property. My role will include looking after this vehicle. Can anyone shed some light on requirements and checks (MOT Equivilent etc) that covers vehicles in France? Are there any other laws/legal aspects that I should be aware of?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Ricklovesthepowder, apart from the routine servicing, the only requirement would be a Contrôle Technique every 2 years (first one to be done 4 years from new), broadly similar to our Mot, other than that, a CritAir sticker in the windscreen to enter Paris and other cities and obviously insurance!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Insurance might be the problem if he is resident in France - something to check.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Origen wrote:
Insurance might be the problem if he is resident in France - something to check.

He is a French national, French driving licence, and it’s a French registered vehicle. The insurance policy is a business policy from our French office so I don’t think that would be a problem
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
KenX wrote:
@Ricklovesthepowder, apart from the routine servicing, the only requirement would be a Contrôle Technique every 2 years (first one to be done 4 years from new), broadly similar to our Mot, other than that, a CritAir sticker in the windscreen to enter Paris and other cities and obviously insurance!

That’s great info thank you. Is there a website you can check to see if the first controls technique was done, and/or when it’s due next?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Ricklovesthepowder, there should be a sticker on the windscreen giving the dates.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Ricklovesthepowder, you'd have to get him to send you a pic of the above, you also get a printout from the testing station
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Weathercam, thank you. I will get him to do this tomorrow.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ricklovesthepowder wrote:
KenX wrote:

That’s great info thank you. Is there a website you can check to see if the first controls technique was done, and/or when it’s due next?

https://histovec.interieur.gouv.fr/histovec/proprietaire
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy