Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

RoadPol (Operation Speed 2 ) This week

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
https://www.roadpol.eu/

05/08/2024 00:00 - 11/08/2024 00:00

Road users beware. This week , police will be conducting extra speed checks throughout Europe,

The week of speeding fines is an initiative of Roadpol and is intended to reduce the number of fatal traffic accidents.

Around 29 countries are participating in the collaboration this year, including the Netherlands, Germany, Belgium, Spain, Turkey, and Italy.

https://www.roadpol.eu/index.php/calendar-dates/76-roadpol-operation-speed-7
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not in Pontrhydyfen they won't.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
stanton wrote:
https://www.roadpol.eu/

is intended to reduce the number of fatal traffic accidents.

Just close the Belgian border, job done Laughing
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Is that why Belgian drivers drive so close on the E40? So the number plates are obscured by the car in front and behind, so the speed camera or traffic cop can't issue a ticket?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@andy, I recall a while back coming across people (French, IIRC) who would refer to this phenomenon as 'drafting', and genuinely believed that speeding down the autoroutes in close convoy of three or four cars doing 140 kph almost touching would save money on fuel. Which technically is true, compared with doing 140ph on your own, except that the additional losses from sudden reactive braking will far outweigh any fuel saving, and that you could save a lot more by just driving at 130 instead, or 110.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Chaletbeauroc, I find they do this much more in Italy. I'm working on the idea of big rubber bumbers and powerful magnets so I can attach to the car in front. This will save even more fuel. As the driver of the car in front will look directly through my winscreens they will not even know I'm there (but, perhaps, wonder who is sitting in the back seat)

I did notice that on a motorbike I could draft big lorries from quite a long way back and hence could save a lot on fuel which was particularly useful once I'd gone onto reserve. Motorbikes have very poor aerodynamics and you could actually feel the pull of the lorry.

@andy, the English method of putting on false plates is easier.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Italy is slightly different, at least around the Rome area, especially around the GRA. It's well known there that every driver only needs to take care of the front of their car and one side of the car. As long as everyone cooperates, then the other side and rear of everyone's cars are safe as a result, by default Wink
You can drive as close as you want, just don't rear end them.
The only time you need to concentrate on what's behind is if it is a Ferrari. Then you let them past so that you can admire them in front, rather than via the rear view mirror.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy