Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How do I adjust my Marker M2 10 bindings?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
It doesn't seem like there is a lot of information regarding how to adjust my Marker M2 10.0 bindings online so I am here for help..

I have included two images of the bindings:

https://ibb.co/7XXT3pP
https://ibb.co/tpDFJKd

In the first picture, is the upper hole for setting the DIN value for heel piece? and what does the lower hole do then?

I have set the length/distance of the toe and heel piece according to my boot length which is 328mm and I see that the center mark of my boot does line up with the midsole mark on the ski, how do I see if the forward pressure is correctly set now?

Thank you!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
That's the Marker TCX heel.

1st pic - yes, upper screw for the din adjustment. When adjusting the heel din have the cocking lever closed/vertical. Ignore the lower hex hole.

2nd pic - the white window is the forward pressure indicator:

Position the toe binding on the rail so that the boot centre line is above the mounting line on the ski - which you've done.

On the heel, the window is solid white when the boot is removed. Adjust the heel length so that, when the boot is installed, a vertical black line appears in the window. Anywhere in the window is acceptable but if there's more than one length setting of the heel that puts the line in the window then choose the length setting that puts the vertical black nearest to the centre of the window.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thank you for your replay and I think I saw the line within the windows: https://ibb.co/9yMJzFw
As you can see it's very close to the left of the Windows.
What should I do to have it appear in the middle of the Window?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Move the heel forward/backward on its track to adjust the forward pressure.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
spyderjon wrote:

My boot size is 328 mm and the heel is at 324 - 331 mm, if I move the heel piece around then it will be at either 316 mm - 323mm or 332 mm - 339 mm. Is that okay since my boot size won't be in the range?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
t65497159 wrote:
spyderjon wrote:

My boot size is 328 mm and the heel is at 324 - 331 mm, if I move the heel piece around then it will be at either 316 mm - 323mm or 332 mm - 339 mm. Is that okay since my boot size won't be in the range?

Yep, the boot sole length scale for the heel is bollox - it's out of whack for many sole lengths depending upon were they fall within the length brackets - and it's the same with other brands that use this system. It's the forward pressure indicator that the important thing. A far better design would be for the heel length divisions to be numbered 1-20 or alpabetical etc, that way it forces the user to question what is the correct adjustment which'll lead them to discovering the forward pressure indicator.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
spyderjon wrote:
t65497159 wrote:
spyderjon wrote:

Yep, the boot sole length scale for the heel is bollox - it's out of whack for many sole lengths depending upon were they fall within the length brackets - and it's the same with other brands that use this system. It's the forward pressure indicator that the important thing. A far better design would be for the heel length divisions to be numbered 1-20 or alpabetical etc, that way it forces the user to question what is the correct adjustment which'll lead them to discovering the forward pressure indicator.

thank you. I appreciate it.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
OK, so new here. I got my son some skis with these bindings and heading out tomorrow. I was trying to adjust the forward pressure line and like an idiot used a hex key to try and adjust. Heard a pop. The leaver to adjust now has lost the spring action. Can i fix this? Is it a safety issue?

Thanks
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
KIMDer wrote:
OK, so new here. I got my son some skis with these bindings and heading out tomorrow. I was trying to adjust the forward pressure line and like an idiot used a hex key to try and adjust. Heard a pop. The leaver to adjust now has lost the spring action. Can i fix this? Is it a safety issue?

Thanks

Yes it's a safety issue as the length lever can now 'bounce' open when skiing allowing the heel to move rearwards releasing its grip on the boot.

Remove the upper heel binding from the rail and you can see how to re-attach/re-seat the spring in the underside of the binding. It's easy to figure out but if you're struggling remove the other good heel and copy that.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I removed it to try and see how the other looked, but I couldn’t really see well. Not sure how to post a picture…
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks for this discussion on the Marker bindings, I’d been struggling with these bindings that came with my new Nordics Spitfires.

It’s a source of annoyance for me that you aren’t given ANY manuals when you buy skis&bindings. I got nothing with mine, nor with my wife’s Head SuperJoys.
It takes some pretty ‘special’ Google-Fu to find manuals online because the vendors seem to think non-Pro adjustments shouldn’t be allowed.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@jamescollings, it's not a case of the vendors not giving out the instructions, it's that the majority of flat mounted bindings and ski/rail binding combo's don't come from the manufacturers with the instructions for the vendors to issue.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
In the first picture there is a lower hex bolt. After I set the bindings to the right boot length, and the black line appears in the white window, can I use the hex screw to micro-adjust the black line to the center?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy