Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski resort for early Jan with nightlife

Poster: A snowHead
Hi my son (early twenties) is looking to go skiing early Jan with a few friends (he can ski they can't). They also want nightlife, and something fairly cheap! I suggested Bulgaria but snow not looking great there now....

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@munchimo, B&B in Mayrhofen. Not Bulgaria, it's a hell hole
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Saalbach-Hinterglemm in Austria.

Plenty bars, clubs, and lappies.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Saalbach not cheap. Mayrhofen a good call.

Sauxe d’Oulx although not as raucous as the 90s I believe.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@munchimo, in fairness, many of the smaller/cheaper resorts will be pretty quiet early Jan ...
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@munchimo, just take the usual resorts and then take away based on price and see what you're left with.

Discount Switzerland full stop.

France
Morzine
Tignes
Val Thorens

You'll likely find a decent/cheap apartment in any of those 3 and there'll be decent apres. Certainly in Tignes there's happy hour prices available in decent spots to make apres more manageable.

But for cheaper apres, but possibly slightly more expensive accommodation, Austria.

Saalbach
Mayrhofen
St Anton (probably too pricey)
Ischgl (probably too pricey)
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@munchimo, Pas de la Casa is party central and cheap. It’s not pretty but the youngsters love it.

Snow isn’t the best. Perfectly good enough for the beginners though and probably good enough for your son. I live here and have enjoyed my skiing the last few days even though I’ve had much better conditions in the past.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
munchimo wrote:
Hi my son (early twenties) is looking to go skiing early Jan with a few friends (he can ski they can't). They also want nightlife, and something fairly cheap! I suggested Bulgaria but snow not looking great there now....

Thanks

Mayrhofen - skiing is relatively high for the Tyrol (so will be less affected by current warm spell). And has a reputation for night life (though a somewhat classier town now than when I went back in the 80s)

I think there are relatively cheap places slightly out of town. Rail transfers from Innsbruck (and probably Salzburg)
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Also thinking Pas de la Casa, usually avoided for the exact reason your son wants! As for snow it is the highest resort in Grandvalira so if it’s anywhere it should be there. Fly via Toulouse or Barcelona I think.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@munchimo, Sauze d'Oulx in the Via Lattea, used to be good for apres and reasonably priced.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Les deux Alpes used to have a decent reputation for being lively at a reasonable price, don't know how it stands now.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks everyone going to look into these! We were looking at Tignes but private transfers seem to be coming up at almost 800 euros return - does that make sense?!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Try Alpybus, Bens Bus, Snow-drone for shared transfer to Tignes
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
How many of them are skiing. Snowdrone shared transfer are 160 return pp. bens bus are about 120 euros pp. snowdrone drop you to your door and pick up like a private transfer except there will be other groups. How many are is sons party
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Because they’re going sun to wed I don’t think the shared transfers work out. Should be 4. I might look at something with a cheaper transfer.
ski holidays
Snow drone do shared transfers throughout the week, it’s just if the times work for your flights. I’d expect Bens Bus and Alpy to do shared too.
latest report
@munchimo, you said ‘something fairly cheap want nightlife and you are the only one that skis’ you are now looking at Tignes, I think you need to look at Austria young man. Mayrhofen or Saalbach
snow conditions
munchimo wrote:
Because they’re going sun to wed I don’t think the shared transfers work out. Should be 4. I might look at something with a cheaper transfer.

If they give Andorra a go (Pas for nightlife). A transfer is about €33 per person each way from Barcelona or Toulouse.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy