Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Quick and easy ski trip for 2?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am thinking of arranging a quick and easy ski trip for myself and my friend. We are both beginners(I've been once, heading to La Plagne in Feb this year) and would fancy a couple of days of skiing before heading back home.

So, what resorts are quick and easy to get to from the UK for a short break of skiing and a little bit of apres? I'm in Essex to Stansted is my closet airport, but happy to travel to the usual suspects.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Chamonix is not a bad bet - and easy to get to by public transport from Geneva airport. Good skiing for beginners in some parts - but would recommend taking lessons as some Chamonix skiing is definitely not beginner-friendly. Good lively town for apres, lots going on. But best to avoid the French school holidays, roughly last three weeks in February, first week of March.

The town is big, and strung out. The best locations for beginner skiing are perhaps not the best for easy staggering home after the apres.....

Lots of other options - but Chamonix is probably better than some places for accommodation not in the usual French Saturday/Saturday pattern. Including hostels if you're on a tight budget.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
When? Thinking of snow, and school holidays.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Orange200, any date that isn't the school holidays basically. I am a total novice when it comes to skiing, so just looking for a steer on how I can get out skiing for a couple of days with a mate that isn't too far away/too much hassle.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Turin or Milan. Cheap car hire. Pila resort, good for beginners - blues all round the resort and some easy reds to progress onto. I think with Ryan air early flight you can be skiing by lunch time, and get a latish flight back on your last day.
Hire gear at gondola base, get changed at the loos there, stick / leave luggage in car boot and then go to accom at end of your first afternoon skiing.

Stay in Aosta town, get the gondola up of a morning. local ski school too if you fancy a lesson.

Aosta town, like most Italian places, isnt banging but there are a few bars and restaurants.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
First of all look at what flights are available to the likes of Geneva, Turin, Salzburg - with good times and prices for when you can go.

Then google closest resorts to that airport.

A short trip means you don't need a big area and as you are new to skiing you won't need anything particularly challenging/gnarly.

You say you have been once so you can probably do a short trip without lessons, what about your friend?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Snowheads has a calendar (somewhere!) which lists the various countries’ school holidays. Check that to locate a quiet time. I’d suggest early March for warmer weather but not yet close to Easter.
And choose a resort which is not big, so you’re not paying for a lift pass which is 90% wasted.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Orange200 wrote:
Snowheads has a calendar (somewhere!) which lists the various countries’ school holidays. Check that to locate a quiet time. I’d suggest early March for warmer weather but not yet close to Easter.

It's a sticky in The Piste

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewforum.php?f=2

Although the timing is a confusing one as the OP says "heading to La Plagne in Feb this year) and would fancy a couple of days of skiing before heading back home."
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy