Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Geneva to Bourg St Maurice transfer

Poster: A snowHead
Looks like I'm heading to Bourg St Maurice on a solo trip as a friend has offered their apartment to me. Problem being my dates are midweek to midweek. Looking at car hire cost is pretty steep for a single and hard to justify but may be my only option. Is there any options open to me that i may be missing? Any companies i should be checking out? Dates are 1st Feb - 7th Feb. Flight home is at 10am and public transport for such doesn't look great.

Any help appreciated.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
animalchin wrote:
Flight home is at 10am and public transport for such doesn't look great.

Get to Geneva the night before and stay in a cheap hotel in Ferney-Voltaire.

Have you looked at Altibus for transport?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
rjs wrote:
animalchin wrote:
Flight home is at 10am and public transport for such doesn't look great.

Get to Geneva the night before and stay in a cheap hotel in Ferney-Voltaire.

Have you looked at Altibus for transport?

I've done none of that so i will right now
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Look at Snowdrone. They offer shared transfers between Val d’Isere and Geneva but will pick up and drop off at Bourg/Aime/Moutiers.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@animalchin,
Have you looked at the train?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Kenzie wrote:
@animalchin,
Have you looked at the train?

That could be a good but slow option. Depending on train schedules back it could be quite nice, though. You could easily finance a night in a hotel with savings over a minibus or private transfer, I think. If your flight leaves at 10 a.m you'd have to wake up at 3 a.m. to be sure to make it, dependng on weather, I think...
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Very quick google:- https://www.raileurope.com/destinations/geneva-bourg-saint-maurice-train?country=GB&locale=en&currency=GBP
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
My nepthew found a cheep hotel in Geneva when who arrived too late for any transfers. The hotel mainly let rooms by the hour. He said it was an interesting stay. With a 10:00 flight from Geneva I think you should really be looking to stay in the town prior to the flight.

Have a look at BlaBlacar and Ouibus as well as the train to help with the transfer options.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Or if on Farcebook, try https://www.facebook.com/groups/850771538271311 - Tarantaise transfer group.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks all
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Snowdrone operate shared transfer between geneva and tignes/ val d sere. cost is about 80E sure they would drop off in bourg
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Car hire is the option i'm going for now (managed to get a mate to come). I've had a quick look at comparison sites etc but how do i make sure i am picking car up from swiss side of airport? Any companies i should be avoiding or using?

Thanks again
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I've now ended up with 4 in total going on our trip so looking at a transfer. I've been getting quotes from findtransfers.com but some of these being offered don't look quite kosher.

Anyone able to provide the name of a (very) reputable company who will take us from Geneva to Bourg? Many thanks
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@animalchin, CoolBus are based in Bourg. Rob has been operating for 20 years.

https://thecoolbus.co.uk/
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I'm going to Val Friday with a similar flight time back. I have opted to take a shuttle back to Geneva the day before my flight and catch a new year's eve show that night.
snow conditions
chocksaway wrote:
@animalchin, CoolBus are based in Bourg. Rob has been operating for 20 years.

https://thecoolbus.co.uk/

I did look at CoolBus, bit expensive but will maybe give him a go, cheers. At least he's based in the town.
ski holidays
Once you're up to 4, wouldn't that make a car hire even cheaper per person?
snow conditions
TOLOCOMAN wrote:
Once you're up to 4, wouldn't that make a car hire even cheaper per person?

Probably but its then getting four big bags plus gear in the car. Add in the fact that there's no-one jumping forward to volunteer for the driving part. We don't intend on using car once in town either.

I've booked with a transfer company called Dream Team Trips for what i think is a reasonable price between four of us. Cash to driver so i'm not out of pocket if it goes pear-shaped. Can always get train as a last resort.

Cheers
ski holidays
animalchin wrote:
We don't intend on using car once in town either.

Do you know exactly where the apartment is? You could be a long walk from a supermarket.
snow conditions
rjs wrote:
animalchin wrote:
We don't intend on using car once in town either.

Do you know exactly where the apartment is? You could be a long walk from a supermarket.

yeah, 5 mins from Lidl pretty much.
latest report
animalchin wrote:
I've now ended up with 4 in total going on our trip so looking at a transfer. I've been getting quotes from findtransfers.com but some of these being offered don't look quite kosher.

Anyone able to provide the name of a (very) reputable company who will take us from Geneva to Bourg? Many thanks

Car hire could be a better option if 4 of you are splitting the costs. You could then return the car the night before your flight and sleep near Geneva airport.

Edited....

I see you've now booked a transfer. I missed that bit before I replied. rolling eyes
latest report
Mute point now that you've booked a transfer, but having a car in Bourg would also open up what resorts you could ski by a ton. Depending on conditions, you could chase the best snow to Val d'isere, Tignes, Ste Foy, La Rosiere, les Arcs, La Plagne, 3 Vallees with a car from Bourg. Without, you are confined to just Les Arcs pretty much. Something else to think about.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy