Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes Le Lac to Montet

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello all Very Happy
Heading to Tignes/Val D’Isère for the first time in January, with accommodation in Tignes le lac.
Would it be realistic to make the journey/ski from Le Lac to Pointe du Montet and back in a day? Appreciate it is a large resort but it’s difficult to gauge actually how far this is.
Any help/advice on this would be greatly appreciated!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Very doable for all standards - you’ll be heading for the Fornet Glacier - Pissaillas - Pointe du Montet is the peak behind the glacier.

Easy route from Lac:
Tovieres bubble to top of Toviere. Down blue Creux to below the Folie Douce then catch the green down to La Daille.
Bus to Val d’Isere Rond Point des Pistes - catch Solaise bubble - down blue to Glacier chair - take Glacier then ski back halfway to Leissieres chair - up and over chair
Down blue to Col double drag lift then take Cema push me pull you chair to the glacier then Cascades chair to glacier and down a super easy stretch of red to the Montet T-bar to highest lift access point in Fornet.

To return to Val I’d skip the Solaise leg and just catch the bus from the bottom of Fornet to Rond Point and then it’s the Olympique bubble and Tommeuse chair which brings you back looking down on Lac.

If you’ve got a group of more capable skiers then you can go from Toviere to bottom of Marmottes chair then down the Face direct to Solaise bubble avoiding the La Daille bus trip

Whilst over at Fornet near the base of the Cascade chair there’s the good value Cascade resto for a break or lunch before the return.

Loads of other options but very doable there and back - if you’re cruising you can come back to Lac, down to Brevières, back up to Lac then Tovieres down to Val Claret and up the Tignes Funi and then the Grande Motte cable car - down Genepy for easiness or Double M for fun back to Val Claret then bus or Tovieres to return to lac.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
What a response! Thank you Very Happy
I can tell you’ve spent some time in the area, this kind of knowledge is invaluable. Plenty of options, will definitely have to check it out, view looks amazing from up there.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It's been a while but I used to know that area like the back of my hand, was the venue for Ski Club GB training courses, some other off-piste courses I did waay back, then I repped and holiday led there a couple of times. In principle you can get from anywhere to anywhere on the piste map and back again without problems, assuming no weather-related closures etc. I certainly remember starting in le Lac and skiing that area with a group when informally leading one time.

So yes, easily doable, and now you have a detailed itinerary, but it's simple enough to just read the piste map.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
What a venue for training!? Smile
Many thanks for your response! Hoping to explore as much of the area as we can over the course of the week, so that is very reassuring. I’m sure I’ll get the hang of the piste map too, as you say!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
What a venue for training!? Smile
Many thanks for your response! Hoping to explore as much of the area as we can over the course of the week, so that is very reassuring. I’m sure I’ll get the hang of the piste map too, as you say!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
^^^ personally if you are busing it from La Daille to town which I agree with you are better busing to Fornet then cable car and Vallon gondola it up - bit quicker than Solaise, Glacier, up and over then poma lift option up.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Steve Angus, that’s great, thank you for your insight Smile
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi,

Me & fam are heading out next week, so very interesting to hear all about the resort.

Do you have any recommendations of restaurants we can book in Le Lac?

Thanks
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Averagejoe, https://www.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=165539&start=440

Have a look at the Tignes thread in the snow reports section. Lots of info there plus up to date reports.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy