Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow Train not running this new year ?

Poster: A snowHead
Hi there. I've tried to book via a tour operator on the overnight snowtrain (Eurostar to Paris, then charter to BSM) this new year. They tell me its not running until January 19th. Anyone know the background to this? It normally runs over new year.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome to snowHeads DCG snowHead

I don''t personaly know the answer to your specific question but you do have the option to take the Eurostar to Paris and take the French Overnight Service out of Gare d'Austerlitz (at about 10:22).

It's easy to get from Gare Du Nord to Gare d'Austerlitz by Metro, straight down Ligne 5, or for luxury, take a cab.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi Admin
thanks for the suggestion. I've done the TGV version before and it remains an option. However, for a family of 6 with skis etc the charter version has a lot going for it in terms of convenience. So, I'm still hoping that the information I've got so far is wrong and it is going to be running after all.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
DCG, not sure how they came about that information as the winter timetable is not yet released Puzzled The latest update I hade from Eurostar is that this would be available from around the middle of July.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
DCG, yes the TGV is the fast daytime service out of Gare de Lyon. The sleepers that leave from Gare d'Austerlitz, go at a more leisurely pace.

We often go with the kids at Easter when the chartered service has always long since finished, so we've taken this route quite a few times. I don't know what ages your family contains but this year we did the GdN => Gd'A route with 3 adults and 3 10yr olds (and a giant ski bag containing the snowHeads mobile HQ for the EoSB) and everyone thought it was great fun.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hello again Admin
I think we've done most routes - daytime Eurostar direct, snow train via Dover, Snow train via Paris and what I called the TGV in the previous post (since I'm sure they had TGV branding when we did it - but as you say the vitesse was leisurely rather than grand! ) The Eurostar via Paris is my favourite, perticularly as 6 people fill a compartment. But it also allows a steak frites on the Friday night in Paris without having to worry about the luggage. So, if there is anyone out there who has any further information, I'd appreciate it. Otherwise, it'll be another early morning at Gatwick.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
SHello,
the raileurope site says that timetables will be available at the end of June(only 5 more hours to go)
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
DCG, Have you considered driving?

We go down to Vallandry regularly summer & winter, & have done all routes. Eurostar is good, but with lots of luggage & kids, a bit of a pain, I should think. Driving takes 8hrs from Calais, & its good to be able to stop when you want.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
DCG, information received from Eurostar

'Tickets for the 2006/07 ski-season go on sale from 4 July and as we are giving you the chance to book seats before this date, you are very likely to be heading off to the
mountains on the train of your choice...

The first service leaves London on 23 December 2006 with trains running until 14 April 2007...

Simply call us now on 08705 186 186* to register your travel details and we will call you back to discuss the finer details of your request...'
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
SHello
Thanks for the information, but I think this refers to a different service to the one I was enquiring about. I'm assuming the one you are thinking about is either the daytime Eurostar or the overnight direct Eurostar (no couchettes, not much sleep). Let me know if this is incorrect.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
DCG, that's correct - I slept OK once the bar was shut wink but with kids in tow I can see why this is not a prefered option.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
You were only asleep for 10 minutes, you lying hound!!! How you managed to get up at Moutiers remains a mystery. Skiing shattered, dehydrated and bitterly hungover in knee-deep powder will live long in my memory. Just think, if we'd have flown, we'd have missed the best freshies of the season. Thank-you Eurostar - is your magnificent beer available in cans?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
paulmck, ah yes, the powder - a few face plants soon had me awake and not a hint of a hangover by the time we were sipping van chaud in the chalet Toofy Grin
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Snowtrain tickets now on sale through Rail Europe but only starting from 19/1/07. They say they are not running their "blue" train. Does anyone know what this means? Puzzled
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
The Blue train was what they called the service from Dover/Calais (or last year, Folkstone/Calais).
The service out of Paris, they refer to as 'The White Train'.

The Blue train was the traditional 'SnowTrain' with most of the party animals on it - shame that's not running: it always produced the funniest tales Laughing
ski holidays
I'm not sure but I think the blue train used to run from Calais, but I could be very wrong on this
ski holidays
Looks like admin posted before me Embarassed
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy