Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Now easier to get Austrian vignette and pay toll

Poster: A snowHead
Hi,
haven't seen this mentioned yet.

As from 1st December 2023 Austria haa brought in an improved road payment system. (You need a vignette to drive on almost all major Austrian roads but they also have 6? toll roads.)

You can now buy a 1 and 10 day vignette online for immediate use, previously you had to wait at least 18 days in advance and choose your validity dates in advance.

You can also either prepay online for the toll roads or register your car for 'flex', the latter means that the system uses your car registration and then automatically opens the gate and takes payment from your credit card.

https://shop.asfinag.at/en/new-from-1.12.2023/

As the Swiss have now moved to a digital vignette it makes life a bit simpler and more flexible in that part of Europe.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There are more than 6 toll roads, but the others e.g. Stubaital, don't seem to be covered by this – probably something like private ownership. Otherwise, it seems like a handy thing to have though.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
By way of warning, here are a number of sites where one can buy the Vignette on-line. Some charge additional fees for this “service”.

I’d recommend the OAMTC

https://www.oeamtc.at/thema/maut-vignette/die-digitale-vignette-in-oesterreich-25765729
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@richb67, thanks for that, the new 1 day online vignette is very useful to know about, as previously the shortest period vignette you could get was for 10 days. The 1 day vignette could be particularly useful if you are just transiting through Austria e.g between Germany and Italy. Smile
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Cacciatore, You can buy it direct from ASFINAG, no?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Only use the official site https://www.asfinag.at/en/toll/vignette/ (you could always buy them for immediate use all you had to do was declare it was for "business" use) there is an app too. The one day thing will be helpful for trips to Italy but perhaps my memory is not what it was but I think the cost for one day is what it used to be for 10 days. Also noticed that the section through the Pfändertunnel and a bit south ie transit to Switzerland is now "Mautfrei"
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I used it for a weekend trip recently and found it very useful, although it kept saying my card details were incorrect paypal worked fine. Confirmation arrived straight after the payment.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Do you get a physical sticker to put in the window if bought online?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Last year 10 days was 9.90, this year it’s 11.50 for 10 days and 8.60 for 1, so you pay a premium for a one day transit but at least you don’t have to pay for a year like in Switzerland.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Markymark29 wrote:
Do you get a physical sticker to put in the window if bought online?

no, you just register your number plate
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

no, you just register your number plate

@richb67, Sounds great, only reservation is that in the past I know the Austrian police patrol and issue fines based on cars with no visible vignette, I guess they'll just fine you now and you then prove retrospectively via email that you bought it on line. IME the Austrians like a sticker.....maybe times are changing wink
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Markymark29, we've been using a digital vignette for about 6 years (annual ones have been available for a while) and it's never been a problem. I expect it will eventually become an entirely digital system, like Dartford, with all fine processed via ANPR readings.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Markymark29, the 10 day ones we used last year were digital so that is obviously not new, maybe there were some teething problems
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Have been able to buy digital ones for some time. Maybe what the issue was that they werent actually valid until a further 14 days. Im assuming this was due to possibly your payment being rejected or something.

You can actually just walk into any petrol station etc that sell the annual ones and request a digital one which is valid there and then, as the payment is either cash or credit card.

But be careful on the annual ones. They arent for 365 days from the date of purchase. Its only the balance of days up to the 31st January
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@jafa, the delay was to comply with distance selling laws so people could cancel in advance of travel.

Walking into a petrol station is not distance selling hence being able to just rock up and buy one
snow report
@Markymark29, digital worked fine last season in a hire car
latest report
Wrong thread oops!

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Thu 14-12-23 8:27; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
kitenski wrote:
pic from my mate who skied today around the Val T area

WTF has that got to do with Austrian Vignettes? Toofy Grin
snow conditions
@Chris_n, not much! Toofy Grin
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy