Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Arabba for non skier

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Morning All. Looking to squeeze a cheeky spring trip in and was just wondering what there is to do in Arabba and if there are buses to other destinations for a non skiing partner? Thank you very much.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@dynastar84, in my view there's not much for a non skier in Arabba. If you can change to a different location on the Sella Ronda e.g Selva or other towns in the Val Gardena valley especially Ortisei then there's frequent bus services along the valley and to other nearby places, including a bus service to Bozen/Bolzano for a day trip (the archaeological museum with Ötzi the Ice Man is worth a visit), and the Alpe di Suisi/Seiseralm is easy for pedestrians to get to with several footpaths there.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Arabba's not the place for a non skier.
Only a couple of bars outside hotels, couple of shops but not much else.
Corvara might be a better bet, bigger town and lifts she can take to a couple of great on mountain restaurants as well.
Arabba won't be on my radar again even as a skier there's so little else to do.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Alastair Pink wrote:
@dynastar84, in my view there's not much for a non skier in Arabba. If you can change to a different location on the Sella Ronda e.g Selva or other towns in the Val Gardena valley especially Ortisei then there's frequent bus services along the valley and to other nearby places, including a bus service to Bozen/Bolzano for a day trip (the archaeological museum with Ötzi the Ice Man is worth a visit), and the Alpe di Suisi/Seiseralm is easy for pedestrians to get to with several footpaths there.

Absolutely can recommend anywhere in Val Gardena. My wife is only a cross-country skier so after 2 hours she's done, and has always found lots of things to do in the valley, and often meets us for lunch at a baita. Ortisei has the most shopping etc, but Selva is closer to the Sella Ronda, and has a pretty good assortment of other things to do, and some nice hiking that is often snow free, especially by spring.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Have a look at the network map for Sudtirol - the lines shown in light grey are seasonal i.e. don't operate in the winter, which means no buses in Arabba at all. https://www.suedtirolmobil.info/en/my-journey/network-maps

If you want to be a *very* considerate partner, ski at Kronplatz so you can stay in (or at least near to) Brunico, which is a large enough town that your non skiing partner will not be bored - they can even explore the Pustertal valley by train from there, if so inclined. (Or go to Cortina instead - isn't there that new cablecar that makes it better connected with Alta Badia now?)

Otherwise, Brunico is a decent day trip from Corvara, which has plenty of nice walks to do in the valley, plus easy access to mountain restaurants. And the suggestion for Ortisei is a great one too.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yeah, Ortisei in Val Gardena, Brunico near Kronplatz or Cortina are better shouts for non-skiers.

Moena in Val di Fassa has a fair bit going on, as well as access to quite a few ski areas along the valley, with buses up and down the valley and a top ranked day spa in Pozza.

https://www.qcterme.com/it/val-di-fassa/qc-terme-dolomiti
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thank you all very much indeed. Really good information and everyone is really helpful. Will bin Arabba plan and ponder a better destination for both of us. Smile
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy