Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easyjet - any sales on checked baggage?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
As the title really.

I'm looking at EJ for April flights Bristol/Geneva. Coming in at around £75, so not bad, but an extra £80 to check in a case (which I'll def need to do).

Do they ever have sales on regarding the luggage bit? Is it worth booking the flight now, and holding off from adding the checked stuff until a later date?

Seems like it would be cheaper to book my case its own seat....
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Never seen 'sales' like that, but do check out the seat options, as some of them include luggage, i.e. if you pay for the better seats the hold luggage or a large cabin bag is included. I doubt it would ever be cheaper in itself but at least you can get the extra convenience/legroom.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Not since covid (when they did bags for a quid) - I book about 20 EJ return flights a yearand haven’t seen any sales on either cabin bags/seats or hold bags.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've never seen one....mores the pity...they only ever seem to go up if you leave it until later
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
only sale I remember is during covid when it was a quid each way or something.
Apart from that, I have only seen prices increase the closer you get to a date.

It is annoying when your luggage is more than a flight... luggage tends to be lighter & use less fuel.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Only saw a sale on baggage during COVID, as mentioned above. Not seen any before or since.

I have seen baggage prices increase closer to the date of the flight though (never down) so if you know you need a bag, I'd suggest adding it as early as possible
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Cheers all, as I thought.

Crazy that my 23kg bag will cost more than my (considerably heavier) self...
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
But you have legs to get yourself off the flight whereas your bag will be passed through various hands and machines before getting to baggage reclaim...

I have found that, on occasion, it has been cheaper to pay for baggage at the time of checking in online. No idea why.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just booked some flights for Nov 24 to Geneva. £57 return each. Seat in Row 2 plus a large cabin bag - £90 each. Hurrah for EJ Plus!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@SHAP,

Quite often the cost for your baggage is more than that for your aircraft seat. This is especially true with sports equipment like skis and it's very expensive taking a bicycle.

They don't do "sale" prices on baggage.

The price for the seats can go up quite a lot nearer to the departure date (supply & demand). As pointed out above your baggage has to be handled by others.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@andy from embsay,

Why do you choose Row 2?

Is this the nearest to the front of the plane where you can take a large cabin bag?

What is EJ Plus?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@welshflyer, Row 2 because if we don’t take a large bag (we don’t always) then your laptop rucsac can just go under the seat, so no need to rush to get on first to make sure your bag’s above your head (Row 1 everything has to go up top). But I want the option to take a larger bag in case i want to take anything bulky out to the apartment.

EJ Plus - you pay £215 a year and that gets you seat choice and a large cabin bag on all flights. It also gets you fast track security at some airports (Manchester and Geneva are included). So I’ll get c£100 of value from this one return flight - I reckon if you fly 3x a year then it pays for itself - I fly with them 12-15x a year if I include a few work trips to Belfast.

There’s also some other benefits like vouchers back if your flight drops in price, and 10% off Pringles etc on board.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@andy from embsay,

Thanks for the clairification. All of the options get so complicated.

I only have 5 return flights between now and May (1 with a bike).

On one flight I want to be near the front of the plane and travel only with large hand luggage because I have a short time to get to a transfer bus.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hurdy wrote:
But you have legs to get yourself off the flight whereas your bag will be passed through various hands and machines before getting to baggage reclaim...

That's why passengers are jokingly referred to by some in the commercial aviation business as self loading cargo...... Toofy Grin
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:
There’s also some other benefits like vouchers back if your flight drops in price, and 10% off Pringles etc on board.
Total justification to scoff a few tubes each flight to get your easyjet plus-worth! Toofy Grin
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy