Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski lentgh - hard doubts

Poster: A snowHead
I very much want to buy the Enforcer 88, but I have a lot of doubts on the ski length. I'm 6ft(183), currently 210lbs, but with tendency to go lower than 190lbs. I'll would say that I'm advanced and sporty skier who love quick turns, but would not mind to have great bigger radius carve turns. I'm moderate aggressive and don't look for higher speeds. I've mainly ski on groomed/crud and I'm the moment I'm driving 172 cm Navigator 85. I cannot really decide if I choose 179 instead of 172 - that will sacrifice the ability for shorter turns and handling on moguls
?

I know that really there is no exact formula, but unfortunately there is no op for me just to test them before hand.

http://youtube.com/v/zrrRBK2eMYw&t=629s

I saw that this review and the reviewer have 179 pair - He's a lot shorter and lighter - although far more better skier than me - however at least what I've understand perhaps the shape of the skis and the amount of rocker/camber/rocker profile could give more playful and maneuverability.

What do you think ?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi and welcome snowHead

Are you looking to replace the Navigator 85 with these, or are they an additional pair?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hey thanks for welcome Smile
Well, my main goal is to move on to stiffer flex ski. I would say that I will keep the Navigator in place for now, but really wanted to make the Enforcer 88 my mine choice of daily skiing Smile
best regards,
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ok then... the Enforcer is an all-mountain ski – would you not be better looking at something more piste orientated? It's a great ski, but if you're looking for “quick turns” there's probably something more suitable out there.

On the size – How do you find the Navigators? They seem to be a fairly similar ski, so do you find them too short/unstable? I ski the women's version of the Enforcer, the Santa Ana 93, in a 165. That's a bit taller than I am, and I'm not particularly heavy either. I'd probably take the 179 for your size, but there is an element of personal preference.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
well for the more piste oriented I found that this all mountain skis and with the early rise tip do better for me on all types of snow conditions on the piste i.e not groomed piste, crud, moguls and swooshy.

And on the second question - I'm not putting pedal to the metal meaning very high speeds, so I do not really find them unstable. And I'm not really sure if I've got the sensation that they are short on me..for example it's easy for me to do short and quick turns. Maybe this is why I'm doubting NehNeh
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@shinypantss, at your stats you should be on the 186. MTFU!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Like @Scarlet, I’ve got the Ladies version, Santa Ana 84 in a 161cm. I’m 162cm and 53kg.
My husband tested the Enforcers in a 186 last week (he’s 185cm and 100kg) did really like them but couldn’t justify another pair of skis.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
spyderjon wrote:

Yep, don't go less than 179.
But if it's mainly for groomers I suspect the 179 would be good for you.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
spyderjon wrote:

This!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
If you like short, quick turns over speed, stay below 180
I'm similar stats 185cm /90kg & have the Enforcer 110s free @177, I prefer bumps, offpiste, crud & short radius carving. The shorter length means a shorter turn radius and less weight to flick from side to side in the bumps.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

at your stats you should be on the 186. MTFU!

@spyderjon, You said it, I thought it!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I'm 178cm tall and weigh 69kg and ski the 172cm Enforcer 88s (brilliant skis btw). Admittedly I haven't tried the longer lengths so I have nothing to compare them to but I never regretted my decision. They were stable at high speed and I enjoyed the agility especially when the slopes get chopped up in the afternoon.

They are a stiff ski (particularly in the tails) and relative to the enforcer 'free' series there isn't really any significant rocker in the tail so I don't think you need to size up.

Given that you're both taller and heavier than me I'd suggest going for the 179cm.

FWIW I also own the 104 Free in 179cm - I went for the longer length given the significant amount of rocker. Whilst they were great in powder they were quite a handful on hardpack or in moguls.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
kitenski wrote:
spyderjon wrote:

This!

If you want a slalom ski, buy a slalom ski wink

You should be on 186 for all mountain.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
musher wrote:
kitenski wrote:
spyderjon wrote:

This!

Why?

Genuine question, apart from increased stability at speed and a bit more float in the deep, is there any other advantage?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
wineandfondue wrote:

FWIW I also own the 104 Free in 179cm - I went for the longer length given the significant amount of rocker. Whilst they were great in powder they were quite a handful on hardpack or in moguls.

I have the 110 free @177, in the moguls, they seem as good as any other ski I have tried, but on the BB last season, there was barely any offpiste worth looking at and just groomed pistes. I ended up leaving my piste skis in the locker, the 110s were actually better for low bum on piste carving but not so good on steeper pistes, too much chatter.

The 110s are great offpiste, just lean them over & they turn, a world apart from the 200cm 1980s skis
snow report
@tangowaggon, I don't think we're disagreeing. You're 185cm and find the 177cms easy for carving and I'm 178cm and found the 179s hard work. Conclusion is surely don't go too long.
snow report
Not a shade of doubt that the 179s are the right length for the OP.

You may want to look at Atomic Maverick, Black Crows Serpo, Blizzard Rustler 9, too.

I can, for instance, guarantee that a Serpo is an amazing ski, high performance w/o being inherently demanding.
snow conditions
tangowaggon wrote:
musher wrote:
kitenski wrote:
spyderjon wrote:

This!

Why?

Genuine question, apart from increased stability at speed and a bit more float in the deep, is there any other advantage?

Think about what you want from an all mountain ski, then if you still have questions ask yourself why you want an all mountain ski.
latest report
musher wrote:
tangowaggon wrote:
musher wrote:
kitenski wrote:
spyderjon wrote:

This!

Why?

Think about what you want from an all mountain ski, then if you still have questions ask yourself why you want an all mountain ski.

For me, the Enforcer 110s are an all mountain ski, great offpiste and carve really well on piste, even though the slalom poles. Their greatest weakness is on pisted black runs which I don't like skiing anyway, black runs are only enjoyable when they are unpisted & full of moguls.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy