Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Driving up from VCE to Alleghe

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone got any advice on the best routes? Google maps shows lots of speed cameras! The westerly route west of Treviso avoids most of the tolls, but is over half an hour longer! We are driving up late Friday afternoon - probably not the best time!

KetteringKiwi
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@KetteringKiwi, tolls for the 'normal' route via Belluno are only €8.40.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Your time is worth more than 16 euros an hour. It might cost a lot more to be caught for speeding. Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@KetteringKiwi, Go up the A27 and pay the toll. The road will be quiet and it is a very easy drive.

If you want to avoid tolls you can go via Treviso and Valdobiaddene but I wouldn’t.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

Google maps shows lots of speed cameras!

There are in the Dolomites. I've lost count of the number between Alleghe and Sella Joch, but there seems to be a dozen in Canazai alone. Keep to the speed limit and all will be fine.

We always go through Belluno. It's a nice easy drive even though the traffic can be heavy at times going through the town. Mid day alway feels the worse. It's just the normal traffic of a busy town.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for all the sound advice

Belluno route it is

Kettering Kiwi
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The speed cameras are little boxes by the side of the roads (like BT Openreach boxes) rather than the post-mounted Truvelo style we are used to.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@KetteringKiwi, the speed cams also face Towards you
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

The speed cameras are little boxes by the side of the roads (like BT Openreach boxes)

and are easily confused with wheely bins that are often at the side of the road with hazard marking tape on them. They are slightly larger than French speed cameras. I imagine that those at the bottom of passes get lots of pictures of cyclists.

In the summer the Dolomite passes attract lots of motorcyclists (I was one, but then it was my only means of transport), sportscar owners, classic car enthusiasts and cyclists all crawling along behind lumbering camper vans.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Speed cameras bloody everywhere, took me ages to work out that the little "du-dunk" noise I kept hearing was Google warning me of impending doom. Thankfully didn't get nicked.

I also seem to remember the limit around the airport being quite slow for the type of road.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks for the good advice

KK
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy