Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Big season passes in the Alps

Poster: A snowHead
A list of the major multi-ski area season passes currently available for the Alps. So far I've found the following (with early bird 23/24 prices):

Austria
- Tirol Snowcard (€1050)
- Salzburg Superski (€940)
- Landle Card (€844)
- Ski Amade (subset of Salzburg Superski) (€770)
- Top Ski (€679)
(+ many slightly smaller ones e.g. Zillertal, Ski Hit, Ski+City, Ski 6)

France
- Mont Blanc Unlimited / Evasion Mont Blanc (€1260)
- Haute Maurienne (€350)

Italy
- Aosta Valley (€1370 excl. Zermatt)
- Dolomiti Superski (€925)
- Skirama (€925)
(+ many slightly smaller ones e.g. Ortler Skiarena)

Switzerland
- Zentralschweiz (CHF 1195)
- Meilenweiss (CHF 1079)
- Top 4 (CHF850)
- Magic Pass (CHF399)

What have I missed?

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 23-11-23 1:27; edited 3 times in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
https://www.meilenweiss.ch/tarife

Saisonskipass Lombardei
https://skipasslombardia.it/
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I wouldn't call stuff like your Italian passes true multiresort - they are more like area passes for large connected areas (with some standalone affiliates) All the big French areas would similarly qualify 3V, Paradiski, Portes de Soleil, Espace Killy (whatever that has rebranded as).

For multi resort where you land transit between individual resorts you could add the Innsbruck Freizeitticket but I thing we've determined it's only for those with proof of residence (does get you Wacker Innsbruck games plus Eis Hockey and swimming/summer etc too though)
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Although prominently aimed at N America, you could also consider the epic pass:

Unlimited Days at Andermatt-Sedrun-Disentis, Switzerland
7 Consecutive Days at Skirama Dolomiti, Italy
7 consecutive days at Les 3 Vallées, France
5 Consecutive Days at Verbier 4 Vallées, Switzerland
3 Consecutive Days at Ski Arlberg, Austria

Perhaps not a bad option for the right person. Really comes into its own if you can also add a trip out to USA/Canada/Japan.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The snow pass multi area multi country looked kind of promising but is no more.
The Austrian mega passes are pretty hard to beat for both value and variety
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Ikon Pass.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
IKON pass if you want to visit Chamonix, Zermatt, Dolomites & Kitz in one winter snowHead
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks all, useful additions to think about.

@Dave of the Marmottes, I don't agree with your description of the Italian passes, though admittedly I should have specified "multi ski area" rather than multi resort. Aosta Valley has several major ski areas in it as well as many smaller ones. Dolomiti Superski obviously has the main Sella Ronda circuit, but also other major destinations like Kronplatz and Cortina, and many decent smaller ones (even the Val di Fassa / di Fiemme have plenty for a week on their own). Skirama is a bit smaller but still has at least eight separate ski areas that I can think of.

3V, Paradiski and Espace Killy are all single ski areas which link multiple resorts, with I think marks them out as different from the examples above.

The Innsbruck Freizeitticket does look superb, but residency requirement indeed likely to be a problem Smile
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
To add a little context to this interesting thread, prices would be good. Top4 in CH is CHF850 if bought in advance.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Magic Pass is CHF 399 if bought at the end of the preceding season, astonishing value IMHO.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@telford_mike, good idea. I've added early bird prices to the first post.
@Rareperk, I agree, Magic Pass does seem like the stand out pass value-wise, especially compared to the other Swiss offerings.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
boarder2020 wrote:
Although prominently aimed at N America, you could also consider the epic pass:

Unlimited Days at Andermatt-Sedrun-Disentis, Switzerland
7 Consecutive Days at Skirama Dolomiti, Italy
7 consecutive days at Les 3 Vallées, France
5 Consecutive Days at Verbier 4 Vallées, Switzerland
3 Consecutive Days at Ski Arlberg, Austria

Perhaps not a bad option for the right person. Really comes into its own if you can also add a trip out to USA/Canada/Japan.

Watch out with this. For Verbier and Arlberg you need to book resort approved accommodation to qualify for the pass. When I looked at the similar requirement for claiming Whistler days on a Verbier pass the cheapest option was circa 700CAD per night!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Gored wrote:
IKON pass if you want to visit Chamonix, Zermatt, Dolomites & Kitz in one winter snowHead

But not Cervinia. Check the small print on these US passes!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
denfinella wrote:
Magic Pass does seem like the stand out pass value-wise, especially compared to the other Swiss offerings.

Very cheap for sure but whether it’s good value depends on what type of skiing you do. The only resorts on there with any altitude are Saas Fee and Zinal. That’s quite a long way to travel for most.

You can get a Verbier pass for 995chf which includes 6 days in Chamonix, 6 in Aosta valley and 5 in Portes du Soleil. If you’re predominantly skiing off piste, that is better value in my opinion.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
the best value for money i think is Tirol Snowcard
you can start your season somewhere around first Week of October and goes till May (or mayber end of May?)

the problem ist you are stuck in Tirol with all the + and -
latest report
@denfinella, had you previously said that this was potentially in advance of a season trip?

In which case, obviously, where you stay has much to do with it ...
snow report
BobinCH wrote:
You can get a Verbier pass for 995chf which includes 6 days in Chamonix, 6 in Aosta valley and 5 in Portes du Soleil. If you’re predominantly skiing off piste, that is better value in my opinion.

Yep, can definitely see where you're coming from.
snow report
@under a new name, well spotted. I had written something like "for use next winter", which was a bit vague.

Then I deleted it because I thought it would be more useful as a general season pass list, rather than people asking about my specific requirements - which I'm not quite sure about yet.

Though since you've asked,
with a bit of luck I hope to get 20-30 skiing days split across 2 trips, one in late Jan, one in late Feb or early Mar. Which I think make the Magic Pass and Ski Amade a better fit.
snow report
Quote:
the problem ist you are stuck in Tirol with all the + and -
Having had a Tirol Snowcard (our first ever season pass) two years ago, I would struggle to think of any minuses! It includes a huge amount and variety of ski areas - with the number of glaciers (for early and late season skiing) making it an absolute winner. We had an absolutely epic season Very Happy
snow conditions
@BobinCH, It includes Glacier 3000 now too. I guess Arolla could be considered high but is drag lifts only....
ski holidays
Quote:

with a bit of luck I hope to get 20-30 skiing days split across 2 trips, one in late Jan, one in late Feb or early Mar. Which I think make the Magic Pass and Ski Amade a better fit.

If you are only doing two 10 day trips you really don't need a huge number of resorts. Sometimes quality is better than quantity!

If you were doing 3-4 months with a motorhome and love ticking off little resorts with only 1 or 2 lifts and moving about a lot something like the magic pass may make sense.

Personally with your time frame I'd go for something like verbier pass. Yes, less resorts, but the quality is imo much higher. Plus transferring between resorts is a bit of a faff having to pack/unpack, drive, organise accomodation etc.
ski holidays
leggyblonde wrote:
@BobinCH, It includes Glacier 3000 now too. I guess Arolla could be considered high but is drag lifts only....

You are correct! And certainly not knocking the Magic Pass (I almost bought one in addition to my V pass) but IMO it works best for someone with transport and flexibility to ski weekdays. It’s been so popular that on a nice weekend my mates were dealing with horrendous queues in Villars. And when it’s warm and everyone heads for G3000 suspect it will be similar.

I wanted it for some early season Glacier days in Saas Fee, a touring day or 2 with my mates in Villars and the option of a few powder days in Nax, Les Marecottes, Zinal and the like. Plus the Summer mountain bike lift access to places like Metabief. As out of those only the Saas Fee pass is expensive the maths didn’t quite work out
snow conditions
@denfinella, knowing how you pair like to travel about, the cheaper passes make more sense... but just to say, if you're talking 24/25 season, consider multiple Dolomites trips, loads to go at plus would be wonderful to meet again! Laughing

Also see that you can ski some of the Trentino resorts for 5 days on that season pass, for instance Paganella is well worth a day, and MdC also...
snow conditions
@boarder2020, I've a different view on this. Looking back on my previous trips - both single-resort and multi-resort - it's almost always the latter which have ended up being the most memorable. I enjoy the variety of multiple small areas compared to a single big one. Not just skiing - culturally / food / views / even just seeing how different ski areas do things. It also gives more flexibility: on proper multi-resort trips I don't recall ever having an unenjoyable day's skiing, whereas I've had a handful on single-resort trips to places like the Portes du Soleil (rain), Alpe d'Huez (lack of snow), Flaine (avalanche danger), Les Carroz (rain), Les Menuires (fog). I haven't been to Verbier, but I wouldn't personally say the quality of skiing is necessarily higher in larger resorts. Bigger yes, but size doesn't matter if you can move onto a new ski area if you feel bored. We'd be driving from a central location, so that removes the logistics hassle of multiple accommodations. Driving back to a "base" in the valley also gives the opportunity to sightsee in the evenings, especially in spring when daylight hours are longer. Two 10-day trips is the minimum - hoping to stretch that a bit.

@ElzP, are you heading for the Dolomites for 24/25 then? Smile Some of the Trentino resorts are on our radar for this season. Would definitely like to do the Dolomites (proper) at some point, but maybe after the Olympics.
snow conditions
@denfinella, that's the vague plan - that or round Serre Chevalier, depending on what accommodation looks like. We're in Austria (superskicard pass bought) this season, moving between 4 areas.

Enjoy Trentino if you get there this year! Definitely do Andalo/Paganella, it's really lovely. The views are stunning.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy