Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bootfitting Scotland

Poster: A snowHead
hello!

looking to get some new boots - wider than average calfs, wide feet, so very much doubt off the shelf will do.

seems like the number of places that used to do boot fitting in the central belt has taken a hit since last time i got boots.

any recommendations of a proper qualified / professional boot fitter that's going to take time to do a great job?

thanks!
Danny
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Chris in Ellis Brigham Glasgow is good.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@GlasgowCyclops, no-one in Tiso's/Blues any more?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I got a poor fit job in Aberdeen, had to have bindings moved on next pair of new boots in resort and they where a whole size to big when I got current boots from a certain guy in bicester. I have no idea of the actual size of my local fitted boots but they must have been like clown shoes.... I haven't bought anything since from that shop, pity as they have some nice kit.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
under a new name wrote:

I got my current boots fitted there.......mind you that was probably 4.5 years ago.

That was a v good experience, think the guy's name was Chris?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
under a new name wrote:

Yes but I don't know what they are like. They are nice people though. My former office was 100m from Tiso so I was in the cafe for lunch a lot.

I'm currently working remote on my laptop in the Glencoe cafe Happy
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I got my boots from Alain Baxter. The replacement liners from Chris at EB. Then later the other Chris sorted me out with an adjustment so I've had a good experience from them.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Craigdon sport in Edinburgh are decent.
Good range of atomic boots.
The heat moldable plastic shells are a game changer for mis-shapen feet.

Currently closed for refit - reopen in November.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
GreenDay wrote:
under a new name wrote:

I got my current boots fitted there.......mind you that was probably 4.5 years ago.

That was a v good experience, think the guy's name was Chris?

I got mine from there, dont know her name but she was a red head who was at uni training to be a podiatrists, so knew her feet. 4 years later still comfy & supportive.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Are Craigdon in Edinburgh definitely reopening? The planning application for conversion to a Sainsbury's was approved earlier this year.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
^ yes, shop is moving to the basement level only, not both levels.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@DanSound, Mark D is now doing boot fitting at EB Braehead. He is good, but is only in a few days a week so you need to make an appointment.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Give Karla at Craigdon in Perth a call, she'll be able to help you out.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Haggis_Trap wrote:
Craigdon sport in Edinburgh are decent.
Good range of atomic boots.
The heat moldable plastic shells are a game changer for mis-shapen feet.

Currently closed for refit - reopen in November.

+1. I got Atomics there last year and not even had to have them tweaked since - perfect fit.

dont know if Alain Baxter is still fitting boots?

Ive had a poor experience at Craigdon Perth.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Guys in Tiso's Rose st were good with Mrs G and myself last year.
Two different fitters
Mrs G also has issues getting a decent fit. Her old boots were knackered and she was reluctant to change but they got her sorted.(Heat molded shells)
Not been in lately so no idea if same folk are still there.
Didn't click with Craigdon Edinburgh but they didn't have much stock in at the time we were in.
snow conditions
Alain Baxter not fitting boots any more. Coaching at the British Ski Academy now I believe.
Richy at Craigdon Edinburgh did a good job fitting boots for me last year.
No personal experience but heard good things about Shona: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100034329374639
snow conditions
+1 for Craigdon Edinburgh. Its our local sports shop and had good service. Will be open again soon after their refit.
ski holidays
thanks for all the suggestions.

ended up in ellis brigham, not the best experience in the world to be honest.

have ended up buying online, and got a better fit than anything in the shops and about £150 cheaper...following countless hours of reading online.

will test them out local, if all good, brilliant, if not...i'll need to find a boot fitter to mod them. but where i am starting from, it's a good place.

If you have high volume feet, high volume calf....K2 BFC 120...so much more space than anyhting else i tried.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy