Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Zermatt -- where to go in bad weather?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are heading to Zermatt from 3/1~3/5.... and according to snowforecast, there would a phenomenal amount of snow fall during that period [1].

So where shall we heading for in such bad weather? Is there a rather *safe* run for power ride? Is there a piste that has relative high visibility and still enjoyable?

Many thanks!

[1] https://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/Zermatt/6day/mid
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If there's as much snow as forecast on there, the pistes will be the safest places for "powder rides" (assuming you meant that and aren't looking for a power ride).

I think the only tree-lined runs are lower down on the Rothorn - Sunegga side: LINK to piste map
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The pub.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
North wall bar Smile
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@bababoba, Cervinia
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
OP you may find the higher (or most) runs closed for Avi control on Sunday so take it easy and see what's open
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The pistes between Blauherd and Patrullarve will be good. As will the runs from Patrullarve down to Sunnegga.

From Blauherd, if you head as if going to the Kumme bubble, you will also have access to the relatively safe off-piste through the trees.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks all!
I want to report back our experience.
Friday: snowy, a lot of fog, low visibility
we arrived in the noon, so only snowboard/ski for a half day in Gornergrat and Rothorn/Sunnegga areas.
Any piste above tree line suffers a lot due to fog. But below tree lines things are much better, namely in Sunnegga area.

Saturday: bluebird in the morning, foggy in the afternoon.
Glacier paradise is awesome during good weather, piste 71/72 are our favorite, and running down from Klein Matterhorn is a great experience (except for short of oxydren)
In the foggy afternoon, we went to Hirli. Again, only below tree line there could be good visibility.

Sunday: skipped due to closure of many areas (entire glacier paradies, half of Gonergrat and Rothorn) for avalanche control.

Monday: big bluebird pow day.
Klein Matterhon is closed to people with any ski/snowboard again for avalanche control. Commute to Cervina is disallowed.
But we had a ton of fun doing offpiste: yellow piste still closed, but there are some offpiste runs from Furggasattel all the way to Furgg that are great enough for beginner powder riders like me.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Great to hear @bababoba and love the positivity despite conditions not being "perfect". I take it this was your first visit to Zermatt? But might not be your last?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@bababoba, Nice. Glad you made the most of it. Hopefully you got to experience some of Zermatt's off skis activities also. Lots of fun to be had.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Edited, duplicate.

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Thu 7-03-24 12:46; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
bababoba wrote:
but there are some offpiste runs from Furggasattel all the way to Furgg that are great enough for beginner powder riders like me.

Do you know what these runs were? I've heard there are some nice runs through there, I'm trying to pinpoint them.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@jebroni3_16
It's not my first time in Zermatt -- but last time when I was there I was still learning how to turn Very Happy
And of course, not my last time. This could be my yearly routine Very Happy

@Jamo
You could turn left on the top of piste 71, right after the small berg. Make sure you traverse far enough until you get a very large off piste area that's not steep at all. Ski down that area and you would eventually merge into piste 70. There are a few exit along piste 70 that you can enjoy, including entrance to yellow piste 67/68. In the end you would arrive Furg, where you can take a Gondel that brings you back to Trockner Steg, and you can do this run again.
This is a popular run, just follow the trail.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy