Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Gwyneth Paltrow sued over skiing accident

Poster: A snowHead
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-47069763

Gwyneth Paltrow is being sued over a skiing accident that happened in a Utah ski resort in 2016.

The actress is accused of knocking down 72-year-old Terry Sanderson leaving him with a brain injury, short term memory loss and four broken ribs.......etc.

Anyone see Shallow Hall? She can be larger than expected. Very Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
She's counter sueing .... interesting to see whether there were any witnesses to decide who was the downhill skier !!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Craig Ramon, who was skiing with Mr Sanderson, said he witnessed Paltrow hitting him in the back, knocking him over and falling on top of him.

Sounds like there's at least one witness
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yebbut Paltrow had an instructor/guide with her who no doubt won't be spinning a "she's guilty" version of events after he alledgedly did a bunch of yelling at the vic then skied off with her.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Is the victim claiming for damages for pain and suffering following an unconscious coupling?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Strongly suspect a lot of lawyers are rubbing their hands in glee at this one where I suspect there will be his side of the story backed up by his mates and her side backed up by her instructor then the truth that no one who wasn't there to witness it will ever get to know about.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@davkt, and there we have it. Very hard to apportion blame in ski accidents without independent or video evidence. I'd think she'd better be a hell of a good tipper if I was to perjure myself but equally I'd be reluctant to go in with a mate on shaking down a celeb bogusly.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-47319071

Quote:
Paltrow's 18-page case states that it was Sanderson who struck her from behind, delivering a "body blow", he then apologised to her and assured her that he was not hurt.

It states "she was enjoying skiing with her family on vacation in Utah" when he "ploughed into her back".

"She was shaken and upset, and quit skiing for the day even though it was still morning," it says.

"He was not knocked out. Immediately after the collision, he stood up and addressed Ms Paltrow. Ms Paltrow expressed her anger that he ran into her, and he apologised."

Looks like its a he said, she said, her witness said, his witness said, kind of story

Quote:
"The case says because her injuries "were relatively minor, she seeks only symbolic damages in the amount of $1, plus her costs and attorneys' fees to defend this meritless claim".

whilst she is seeking symbolic damages, her costs and her attorney's fees will really wrack up
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
How very sad.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Sack the Juggler wrote:

whilst she is seeking symbolic damages, her costs and her attorney's fees will really wrack up

It's a defence by countersuit - fairly classic in the US - hope that the prospect of big bankrupting legal bills scare off the plaintiff with shallow pockets. I believe Trump is more than familiar with such tactics.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Yup, and all down to who can afford the most expensive lawyer, which in this case is probably Gwyneth
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Where's a GoPro when you need it?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
You could also argue the point that because she has a few bob it might be a factor in starting the lawsuit in the first place.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@FrequentFaller, you think?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
The bloke claims "short term memory loss", so how does he know it was her that hit him? Laughing
snow conditions
Cos it was 2 years ago?
Very Happy
latest report
Laughing Laughing
snow report
But when she allegedly hit him and he picked himself up that memory has surely gone?, or does it magically return later? I get he could remember before the fall and at some time after the fall, but the actual fall itself?

I say this partly just taking the pi$$ and partly truthfully and from experience. I did a reasonable sized jump on my skis and landed badly in a face plant. I can remember going up the ramp and can remember laying on the ground, but the bit in between has completely vanished. It was also the first time I had to clean blood out of my googles. Shocked
ski holidays
Maybe he missed out on the Vaginal Egg lawsuit

https://techcrunch.com/2018/09/05/gwyneth-paltrows-goop-to-pay-for-making-unsubstantiated-eggs-about-vaginal-jade-eggs/
ski holidays
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
Maybe he missed out on the Vaginal Egg lawsuit

I'm not so sure I'd fancy an omelette made with those.... Shocked Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
king key wrote:
I can remember going up the ramp and can remember laying on the ground, but the bit in between has completely vanished. It was also the first time I had to clean blood out of my googles. Shocked

Oooh I did that on a dry slope jump. Tiny little kicker, I hit it way too fast. I remember the run down, then nothing until finding myself sitting in the centre office talking to one of the staff and having no idea how I got there. I must have lost 5 or 10 minutes. I have no idea who piloted me in that time but it wasn't me Shocked
snow conditions
Are we sure its not just Cold Play...
ski holidays
harrim51 wrote:
Are we sure its not just Cold Play...
Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
king key wrote:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-47069763

Gwyneth Paltrow is being sued over a skiing accident that happened in a Utah ski resort in 2016.

The actress is accused of knocking down 72-year-old Terry Sanderson leaving him with a brain injury, short term memory loss and four broken ribs.......etc.

Anyone see Shallow Hall? She can be larger than expected. Very Happy

Did they read the terms which you receive when you buy a lift ticket?? “Skiing is inherently dangerous sport…”. “Under Utah State Law you have no legal recourse…”
latest report
The first round lawsuit was already decided in Paltrow's favour: https://www.ksl.com/article/50407600/utah-judge-rules-ski-collision-with-gwyneth-paltrow-was-not-a-hit-and-run

Also: both parties claim to have been the one downhill at the time of collision (in line with "my witness vs your witness" comment made above): https://www.courttv.com/news/gwyneth-paltrow-ski-crash-case/
ski holidays
@Khinton76, resurrection!!
snow report
But timely as per the Court TV link in court frim Tuesday....
snow report
rumdiary wrote:
Is the victim claiming for damages for pain and suffering following an unconscious coupling?

Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
It's reached the Independent, looking more like a 'Crash for Cash' IMHO:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/gwyneth-paltrow-ski-collision-terry-sanderson-utah-b2304094.html
snow report
under a new name wrote:
... resurrection!
Well the remaining $300k action is scheduled for tomorrow.

It sounds like a he-said/ she-and-her-instructor said thing, and:
  1. the plaintiff's word has already been found unreliable in court with 90% of his claim thrown out
  2. he claims to not clearly remember the incident because of his injuries
It sounds like a stretch, irrespective of who was uphill.
latest report
We call this “gettin’ paid”.
latest report
Bergmeister wrote:
rumdiary wrote:

Very Happy Very Happy

Very good!
ski holidays
MajorQ wrote:
It's reached the Independent, looking more like a 'Crash for Cash' IMHO:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/gwyneth-paltrow-ski-collision-terry-sanderson-utah-b2304094.html

No wonder neither of them can decide who was at fault. From the first few lines of the article...

"Actor Gwyneth Paltrow’s day on the slopes in Park City, Utah was cut short seven years ago when she had to take some time to rest after she collided with another person coming down the hill.

As she was climbing the hill on 26 February 2016, another skiier slammed into her from behind."

rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes
snow report
Was she side stepping?
snow report
snowball wrote:
Was she side stepping?
I saw a clip of his lawyer saying that she was skiing down, but looking behind her at her children. No idea what she was actually doing.
snow conditions
I was quite interested in his lawyer saying that the “rules”say one must not ever look sideways or back up the hill
ski holidays
@sev112, yep…very important to maintain low situational awareness on the hill…

…keep to that object fixated, ego-centric, tunnel-vision approach…
snow report
He said...she said

I wonder which one will "win" (obviously the lawyers!)
ski holidays
rungsp wrote:
He said...she said

I wonder which one will "win" (obviously the lawyers!)

whoever can prove they was further down the hill
snow conditions
I doubt either is consciously lying. They have each convinced themselves their current recollection is right.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy