Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

France quasi certain to get 2030 Olympics

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
https://www.ledauphine.com/skichrono/2023/11/29/jo-2030-les-alpes-francaises-seules-encore-en-course

will there be any snow?

won't be easy to watch, best to stay home and watch on TV

Judging by the pictogrammes Serre Chevalier has the got the "man tumbling over cliff" event, a good choice.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

the "man tumbling over cliff"

Nothing says come see the world's finest freestylers than a clumsy invert...

Looks like Nice is hosting some broken wine glasses
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Richard_Sideways wrote:
Quote:

the "man tumbling over cliff"

Nothing says come see the world's finest freestylers than a clumsy invert...

Looks like Nice is hosting some broken wine glasses

at least they have people to clean them up
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just looked in the crystal ball, and this is the 2030 women's downhill event at 1500m.

latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Does this mean there will be downhill on La Face again?? Gosh I hope so.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
In English: https://www.lemonde.fr/en/sports/article/2023/11/29/2030-winter-olympics-french-alps-designated-as-the-sole-candidate_6299755_9.html

"French Alps" is a pretty lame host site and guarantees that it will be a bunch of regional events. I guess the idea is to spread the wealth among as many stations as possible.

Nice, huh? Can't think of a more un-wintry city. People move there to avoid winter. But if you're going to do Nice, everything should be in the Alpes Maritimes up to Serre Che.

So you need a hockey arena...I believe there's one in Albertville already, which is basically in the center of the Alps. Even better would be Chambery for the road transport links, or Lyon.

On the plus side, looking far ahead, we might be able to rent our place out for the cross country/biathlon events in LGB and La Clusaz...
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
davidof wrote:

at least they have people to clean them up

Not the first lot, they've missed a bit

The motorcycle display team without motorcycles should be good
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@garfy1971, I thought that was close-formation synchronised wingsuit flying
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
thecramps wrote:
Does this mean there will be downhill on La Face again?? Gosh I hope so.

I would expect the women's alpine events including the downhill to be at Val d'Isere on the same course they use now and the men's events to be at Courchevel. La Face is too dangerous, the l'Eclipse downhill that was built for the men's world cup earlier this year above La Tania/Le Praz is the only suitable course and produced some great racing.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ice hockey in Nice would be a bit of a ballache if I did try to go and see a few things but then I imagine the IOC will end up making being around any of the hosting resorts a general ballache anyway. Mark your diaries for Austria or Italy those weeks.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Je suis un Skieur, My reading of the graphic is that there will be some Alpine events in Meribel as the Ski Jumping and Nordic Combined can only be in Courchevel.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Isola and Val d'Isere have been removed at the request of the CIO. The events will go to Serre Chevalier and Montgenevre. Obviously this hasn't pleased some people. Jean Claude Killy is ranting; but he's unlikely to see the games at his age.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
In 1992, the 3 Valleys slopes were really quiet during the games even though the resort was chocka. The snow conditions were fantastic too. It was a great time to be out there and we were spoilt in Meribel with the ice hockey, and ladies alpine events.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy