Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski holiday to Jahorina cancelled- best European alternative

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all - first time poster!

My Easter trip to Jahorina has been cancelled due to poor weather. I have never skied before so this was an affordable trip which is why I chose Bosnia.

I would like to travel 24th March - can anyone recommend a resort in Europe that has good snow currently for a beginner to learn skiing?

I speak a little Italian so maybe that would be a preference but happy to go wherever.

Or is the season so bad that I should skip the holiday all together ?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
there are plenty of places with good snow for a beginner to learn skiing but the most reliable will be quite expensive. Look at Crystal ski for a package to Pila, in Italy. But if you are on your own, package holidays will be absurdly expensive as you effectively have to pay for two.

There are lots of other options in Italy, France and Austria. But what is your budget?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Norway? Cheap flights to Oslo, booking.com or similar for accommodation, perhaps one of the more snow sure villages nearer the Swedish border.

Experts here can recommend a village.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Italy has loads of snow just now and should still have plenty at the end of the month as long as you go reasonably high.

Pila, Livigno, Passo Tonale could all be good options, probably in that order of preference.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Not sure if they would work from a budget perspective but Obergurgl and Obertauern should both be good in late March. Go with Livigno & Passo Tonale too.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
A holiday has been cancelled because of poor weather 23 days before it's due to start?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yes, booked with crystal ski and they emailed today to say the resort is starting to close early due to bad weather. Budget is about 2.5K for two people but I suppose ski lessons are needed. Will check out the recommendations, thank you Little Angel
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Go to Cervinia. I was there last year around Easter and it's a great place for learning. First few hours you have carpet with beginner section for free, then if feeling more comfy you can buy a pass and go up. Some of the blue ones are great for learning. And I can't believe snow will be an issue given it's -10 there now. I will most likely end up being there too unless Im certain in 2 weeks time that other places are snowsure too.
How long are you going for? 2.5k is a lot of money if you buy not expensive tickets to milan, take a car and look for airbnb up to 20min drive from cervinia. Lessons are around 60e.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Have Crystal offered you an alternative? Or are they refunding you? But I agree, Italy is looking like the best option at the moment, especially the Aosta valley so check out Pila, La Thuile, Courmayeur. These resorts are also coming up best value on Crystal’s website too.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
That’s a shame

Was there last year. Loved it. Well suited for beginners too.

Italy looking good as mentioned
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Elc, Definitely go this year. It is plenty good enough. Italy is a great choice for a beginner on a budget. Most of all enjoy it and have a brilliant time. (Book into ski lessons, it'll do you the world of good!)
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks all, we have rebooked with Crystal and they offered a slight discount and £50 vouchers due to the cancellation of the Bosnia trip we originally booked. We have rebooked the hotel Etoile De Neige, Pila for the end of March. I had to pay a bit extra compared to the Bosnia trip but not much.

Crystals dynamic pricing is a bit annoying as the price seemed to jump around and ultimately was £160 more expensive when booked today rather than yesterday but I suppose overall for a similar price skiing in Italy will be more fun if the snow is Ok!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hi, we are going to the same hotel at the same time as you!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Lilaclou, Amazing! I feel like I’ve spent most of my weekend on crystal skis website! Very confusing and time consuming booking a first time ski holiday especially with all the different price components & piste maps for the resorts.

Look forward to seeing you there or in the ski school maybe, my name is Emma Very Happy I’m from Notts so the accent might give it away, my partner is from MK. I’m completely new to skiing but my partner is reasonably confident. Fingers crossed we made a good choice with Pila
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Elc, I’ve sent you a message, hopefully it’s in your inbox (see ‘send/read messages’ section).

I think Pila looks ideal!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy