Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anybody been to Kapaonik Serbia?

Poster: A snowHead
Looking at going to Kapaonik in Jan/ Feb. We're a group of 6+ in our late 20s with a range of abilities... I'm an advanced level, mostly they're upper intermediates and some upper beginners in the group. Some fun apres is good but we're not exactly clubbers.

I'm worried about there not being enough to keep me entertained as I've heard there's only a couple blacks. I love off piste skiing especially through the trees and nothing too technical. I also do love just cruising reds and blues with friends of course.

Have also heard it gets a bit crowded? Hopefully if we avoid school holidays and weekends it'll be okay? We love Balkans food and culture and obviously the main draw is the price!!

Anyone with some recent ish knowledge know if it'll be a good fit for us?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I went to Kapaonik in the late 80's with 4 friends via Balkan Tours. Great hotel literally beside a chairlift. In all the years I've been skiing this was the ONLY time it snowed loads every night and was bluebird days to follow. 5 out of the 6 days there. The 6th day was a complete whitout though! I'm sure it may have changed a bit since then but I dont remember a lot of trees, it was fairly open. Not a big area either. I wouldn't go back now as a more experienced skier. Not enough to keep me chalanged. Can't speak for any nightlife as such. We were H/B in a 4 star, so didn't venture out much. I hope they have improved the roads!! It was a 4 hour transfer and some parts of the road were little more that dirt tracks!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Old Man Of Lech, hopefully we get the same luck re the snow! I believe it has a good road to get there now.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We went ages ago, on a self-catering package. Must have been about 1986. I wasn't skiing, as I was just 6 weeks after major surgery. Though I did spend quite a bit of time towing a 3 year old around on a sledge. OH and sons (all early intermediates) had ski lessons which they enjoyed. It was early cheapest January. Very cold. Snow not terrific but it wasn't a good year generally. The transfer back to Nis airport was a nightmare - coach driving far too fast on roads caked with ice. I asked the rep to tell him to slow down as my kids threatened to throw up round the bends. Actually not true, the kids were all sitting in the back seat having a ball, till the bus went into a long skid and ended with the back seat over the edge with a horrendous drop into forest. Everybody off the bus - kids first - long story.

Last I heard the mountainsides were still potentially land-mined. You'd need up to date info to go off piste, I guess.

My out-of-date view would be that there are a lot of better destinations......
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
pam w wrote:

Last I heard the mountainsides were still potentially land-mined. You'd need up to date info to go off piste, I guess.

As if anyone would go off piste without getting an up to date landmine report? rolling eyes Razz
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Laughing
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@pam w, I know there are certainly better destinations but it's half the price of most of those better ones!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It's tiny. 55 kms of pistes, Google tells me. But probably a good place to learn/improve, whatever your level, with very reasonable prices for ski lessons. Good for your venturing off piste and the instructors (at least the surviving instructors) probably know where the landmines are.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
A good rider will ski it out in a day.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Have skied - would not recommend unless you like ticking off weird ones. And for your group... no way. Turkey far more fun and far better value if you like cheap/different. And yes, that bit is correct about the landmines. Does put you off a little... Norway worth a shout if you don't want the usual options.
https://www.fall-line.co.uk/norway-northern-powerhouse/
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@wiigman, They want some aprés. I still pause occasionally and check inside my wallet and have a little cry after the last pint I bought in a bar in Bergen. Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hmm you're all probably right... Seems like a fun place for a weekend but would get boring for a week. I'll try and convince them to go Monterosa or maybe even back to the milky way.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
We (Nerys & I) went to Jahorina, Bosnia and Herzegovina this past March with Crystal

£991 all in, eating and drinking like Kings & Queens

You could do it at least £150 cheaper

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=164508

Kopaonik is on our radar this Winter combined with city break in Belgrade

We're happy lapping the mountain and lifts, especially if there's regular top ups of snow
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Just read your write up, looks great! I wonder about a Bosnia and Serbia joint trip.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

We're happy lapping the mountain and lifts

Yes, me too. I spent 15 winters in the Espace Diamant! No two runs are the same.
snow report
thecramps wrote:
@wiigman, They want some aprés. I still pause occasionally and check inside my wallet and have a little cry after the last pint I bought in a bar in Bergen. Madeye-Smiley

Maybe I was mind-wiped by the Norge ski polis, but I don't remember it being that bad in January. Something like £7 a pint. Which when you're in the mountains... And the Norges ask so nicely! Toofy Grin
latest report
archors wrote:
Just read your write up, looks great! I wonder about a Bosnia and Serbia joint trip.

It was, and yes that would be a very easy road trip

Could also take in Montenegro if you had 10-days

Another great road trip would be fly in to Skopje, North Macedonia

Ski Popova Shapka and Eskimo Freeride

Then Brezovica in Kosovo

On to Savin Kuk and Kolasin in Montenegro

A day or two at the Montenegrian coast then fly out of Podgorica, Montenegro
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy