Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowboxx

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi
We are hoping to return to Avoriaz this year but we arrive the last day of the SNowboxx festival. As we are travelling with a family does anyone have any insight to whether it will be carnage during the time we are going . We would arrive the Saturday and that is the last day of the festival . Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We were in Morzine for a weekend the same time as the festival started last March, so it's difficult to give you an accurate view of Avoriaz, but we did spend a most of the weekend up there during the day as we had a beginner with us I was teaching. In terms of the day time, it was fine, except La Folie Douce which was used as a venue so rammed full of chavs.

Other than that, it was fine, but I can't comment on the evenings after the lifts closed.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Snowboxx has been going for a decade or so.

Avoriaz know how to handle the crowds.

Will be fine.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I was at Snowboxx a few years back. While it is a little extra rowdy, I don't think as a family you'd notice that much difference. The main stage finishes relatively early (like 10 ish I think) and then the late night stuff all happens either up a mountain or in random venues. It's not like being at Bestival or anything. Probably the main thing you'll notice is drunk 25 year olds with a Bose speaker weaving through the Stash.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yup, I've been in Avoriaz during Snowboxx. Hardly noticed it. Ambient drum & bass a bit louder - noticeable in the evening. Various areas cordoned off. Sound stage equipment here and there. If you want to see what all the fuss is about, you can venture forth (or gawp from a balcony), otherwise, from the comfort of a bar or restaurant, it's business as usual.

As to when the event is cleared away, there's no carnage. Just the usual transfer day bustle. The roadies are very efficient.

I have spent many hours of an afternoon at La Folie Douce in La Daille (VdIsere), but in Avoriaz, it seems out of place...
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@swskier, how do you know they were chavs?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yeah I wouldn't say that it was 'chav', just lots of young people having fun. I thought it was a good vibe and relatively family friendly considering. So long as you don't go to Folie Douce (obvs).
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy