Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lost Ski Boot Foot Plate

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all, I'm not even sure what it's called, but I have lost one of my ski boot internal foot plates (the right one). It's not the insole that goes inside the boot liner, but a hard plastic plate that is part of the boot shell itself. It must have fallen out when I took the liners out at some point. My boots are fairly old (Fischer Viron), but the plate looks fairly universal. I'm reluctant to replace the boots since it took me a while to get comfort. I've searched the internet to no avail, so I wonder if anyone knows where I might be able to source one of these, the size on the left one I still have is marked 'TG 26/27.5 SX'
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm gonna take a wild punt here and suggest either contacting your supplying retailer or a Fischer boot retailer as if they're available they'll be able to order you one Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
3d print it
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hard to picture what you're referring to but Anything Technical might be worth a call - https://www.skiequipmentuk.co.uk/
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@brianr, the Viron hasn't been produced for a number of years i have just spoken to my Fischer agent and the part is no longer available, normally parts are available for 5-7 years post production, your only hope is to find someone with one lying around their workshop, best hope is probably anything technical in Kendal

the alternative is find something similar and adapt it, or 3d print one
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Or find an old pair of Viron boots being sold second hand in the right size, e-bay etc., and buy to cannibalise them?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Or mould your own? You more or less have the mirror?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Use it as an excuse to treat yourself to new boots!!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
andy n netty wrote:
Use it as an excuse to treat yourself to new boots!!

That's what I heard too.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@brianr,

The key is the thickness of the plastic plate. Simply use ply wood that is the same thickness as the plastic plate and use the left plastic plate as a template to get the shape.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@welshflyer, yeah it’s not the most technical of parts
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@under a new name,

Exactly. Think outside of the box!

All that is required is a solid platform for the boot liner to sit on top of. It is the thickness of the platform that is the key measurement in this case.

If he can't find plywood of the correct thickness he can use other thin sheets of solid plastic to build up to create the correct thickness/height.

In fact places like Anything Technical in Kendal sell foot shaped solid foam inserts which are specifically designed to sit underneath ski boot liners to "reduce the volume" of Boots. These inserts can be "cut to size" but they may not be solid enough to use on their own because they are high density foam.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@welshflyer, yeah the ones in my last race boots broke early on and were kept together with duct tape
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy