Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Zermatt childcare 21/2 year old

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Dear all, has anyone experience of taking a 30 month old to Zermatt. I’ve been to Zermatt a lot but never with grandchildren. Be interested in any experiences. Thanks in anticipation
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Forgot to say he’s quite a boisterous boy.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thought that was for a 21 year old and a 2 year old for a minute, the spacing in the title is a bit ambiguous.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@ster, true , but better for me than 2.5 year old
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We took all of ours to Zermatt since the youngest was 3 months old (she is now 20!). You have been before so you obviously know the village layout and so on. We used Kinderparadies for childcare https://www.fea-zermatt.ch/
We weren’t lucky enough to have willing grandparents to help out but the Kinderparadies was great, run by a Scottish lady (then) and it had a great indoor soft play area etc. Obviously given the age of the youngest now it’s been a while since we needed their services so can’t offer any recent experiences and in the meantime the owner has retired and the business seems to have new owners, but might still be worth checking out?
Location wise, as you come out of the main station, turn left and it’s 100 metres or so down the road.
Otherwise there is a link in the Zermatt website to Alpine nannies if that’s more what you had in mind? Some hotels can also arrange childcare if you ask them directly.
If your question is more how to amuse small ones in Zermatt then the Wolli area at Sunnegga and going up on the train to Riffelberg is always good, there are swimming pools of course as well.
I was always told it wasn’t recommended to take under 3’s up to the top at Klein Matterhorn due to the altitude, so we never did, but that’s a personal decision for you and your family.
In short, we never found we or the children got bored!
Hope that helps…
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@scotsgirl, thanks. Yes I’m asking for my eldest daughter, and my youngest will god willing have a 3 month old when we go ( imminent). No issues with altitude in Zermatt and say up to Riffleberg?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy