Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How thin are the Therm-ic Ultra Warm Performance S.E.T. socks?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Therm-ic describe their Ultra Warm Performance S.E.T. heated socks as being "thin, technical warming socks designed for expert skiers". Can anyone give me an idea of how thin they are, compared with their Powersock Heat model or their Ultra Warm Comfort S.E.T. model (and compared with unheated ski socks)?

None of the shops near me stock any of these, so I'm going to have to buy online, so I'm keen to get the right thickness. My boots are snug with my current socks, so it is important that I don't get any that are thicker. But nor do I want them to be as thin as normal socks that you typically wear with shoes. My current ski socks are Icebreakers and Smartwool merino, but they don't look the same as any in the current range, so I'm not sure how thick they are described as being. I'd say they are definitely not thicker than average (for a ski sock), but not the thinnest racing sock either.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
koru wrote:
Therm-ic describe their Ultra Warm Performance S.E.T. heated socks as being "thin, technical warming socks designed for expert skiers". Can anyone give me an idea of how thin they are, compared with their Powersock Heat model or their Ultra Warm Comfort S.E.T. model (and compared with unheated ski socks)?

None of the shops near me stock any of these, so I'm going to have to buy online, so I'm keen to get the right thickness. My boots are snug with my current socks, so it is important that I don't get any that are thicker. But nor do I want them to be as thin as normal socks that you typically wear with shoes. My current ski socks are Icebreakers and Smartwool merino, but they don't look the same as any in the current range, so I'm not sure how thick they are described as being. I'd say they are definitely not thicker than average (for a ski sock), but not the thinnest racing sock either.

They are thicker around the foot than icebreaker / smart wool performance socks to accommodate the heating filament
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks. Eventually I found a stockist on a journey I had to make anyway. This model is thinner than my current socks, but not as thin as shoe socks. The filament is significantly thicker than the rest of the sock, but I tried them on with my boot and the way it is routed around the foot means you don’t notice it in a boot. I think the Performance S.E.T. are going to be ideal for me.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
koru wrote:
Thanks. Eventually I found a stockist on a journey I had to make anyway. This model is thinner than my current socks, but not as thin as shoe socks. The filament is significantly thicker than the rest of the sock, but I tried them on with my boot and the way it is routed around the foot means you don’t notice it in a boot. I think the Performance S.E.T. are going to be ideal for me.

I have a pair from a couple of years back. Black and red colour socks. I didn’t find the socks that comfortable due to the filaments and they stopped working after a seasons use - not sure if it was the filament or battery or both. I’m sure they have improved them. Now just revert to the disposable sachets stuck to the front of my foot beds on cold days. Also not that comfortable but you forget about them after a few minutes and they last all day.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
There isn't enough room in my boots for the foot warmer sachets, so my toes get scrunched and there isn't enough oxygen circulating to get the sachets very warm. I'm hoping electric will work better.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy