Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Japan ski insurance

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
have got a trip booked in Japan end of January.Normally ski Europe and buy insurance that covers off piste without a guide (for some of the off piste dabbling ) Not sure how it works in Japan.Have a Whiterooms trip booked so for that part only need insurance that covers off piste with a guide, then on to Furano (not on a tour). Being a Japan skiing newbie I am not sure how it works.Is it more similar to N America -where there is in-bounds skiing that isn't off piste as such??not planning any adventurous skiing without a guide.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 16-11-23 16:06; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
My amex insurance covers me for off piste skiing inside marked boundary. So good for my Niseko trip, erm also end of January!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I would do a search of the threads here. There was a regular contributor who had a nightmare trip (earlier this year I seem to remember), their partner had an accident (in some way off piste though not outside the area) had real trouble getting rescued despite being with a guide, then medical / insurance was really difficult. Well worth trying to find it as it might give some pointers of what not to do.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=5088527&highlight=hokkaido+trip+report#5088527
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Researching exactly the same - previously went with the WorldNomads. Looking at their Explorer Plan and then you can add backcountry/off-piste option to be fully covered.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@munich_irish, been a while since I read, but I thought they were outside the edge of the resort boundary
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
thanks -pamw -that is sobering reading!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

I would do a search of the threads here. There was a regular contributor who had a nightmare trip (earlier this year I seem to remember), their partner had an accident (in some way off piste though not outside the area) had real trouble getting rescued despite being with a guide, then medical / insurance was really difficult. Well worth trying to find it as it might give some pointers of what not to do.
Some updates for you re our insurance claim and Mrs MA's injury.

Although, as explained in my original main thread, our insurers (MPI) weren't great at sorting our early return home, they were generally very good with dealing with, and paying, our insurance claim for medical expenses, taxi fares and curtailment of the trip.The claim was dealt with by a very efficient MPI employee, who was most empathetic and sympathetic when I spoke to her by telephone. As a result, I'd recommend MPI for the level of cover (ie off piste, curtailment etc) and for the swift settlement of our claim.

The injury turned out to be very serious and Mrs MA's rehab and recovery is ongoing. She's had a tough 9 months, both physically and psychologically. After having four screws put in at the top of her tibia, she was virtually immobilised for weeks (bed moved downstairs etc) and effectively had to learn to walk again.

She's been very determined throughout - with rehab exercises four or five times a day and regular physio visits. Although she can now walk up to 7 or 8 miles, her knee has not yet been able to bend enough to get back on a bike - a case of nearly but not quite when trying an exercise bike. As a result, she has a further operation in a week's time time to hopefully rectify that issue. Her ACL and knee are completely stable and Mrs MA's physio is certain she will be back on skis. She tried a ski boot on for the first time last week and said it felt remarkably okay and generally discomfort-free when flexing it. Next week's op will obviously set her back a bit but she has been advised that she'll be up and about fairly swiftly afterwards.

So, a very long job - but Mrs MA remains positive and determined. We remain hopeful that she will get there Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@mountainaddict, v useful info re MPI - have used them before - and very best wishes for Mrs MA's next op.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Cheers @wiigman
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
All the best to Mrs MA
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thank you @Mike Pow
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy