Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Taxi from Venice to San Cassiano

Poster: A snowHead
Hi. We’ve just had a rather eye watering quote from our usual company so am wondering whether anyone could recommend an alternative? Pickup from Venice to San Cassiano. Thanks!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
This sounds challenging/expensive as you have already noticed. I stay in San Cassiano every year, but coming from the north. I use a car, and I suspect you may end up thinking about that. Maybe a hybrid approach…you take a train from Venice to a closer car rental location and head up into the mountains from there? I like having a car, it makes it easy to run over to Kronplatz for a day (though I should note there is a bus for that, though not super convenient from SC). I guess this will depend on where you have to go after San Cassiano. Not a great answer; I am watching this for a better one myself.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
venicecab.com
2024 prices not up yet Excellent service
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Scooter in Seattle, A car won’t work for us I’m afraid, especially as we’ll be returning home via Innsbruck. And husband will deffo not want to drive. @Gufo, Thanks. I’ll ask them for a quote!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@stellaps, what was the price?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm pretty sure this company can also arrange transfers from Venice
https://www.verona-airport-transfers.com/

they're UK based agent who outsources to local companies, we used them twice and all went smoothly.

Having recently looked at prices from Venice I can only imagine Shock

If timings allow you could look at getting the Cortina express either to Cortina, then taxi, or San Cassiano.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@GlasgowCyclops, €400 from Venice to San Cassiano and €300 from there to Innsbruck Shocked
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Last year we paid €350 from Venice to Corvara for 4 of us We share the cost between two couples. Picked up at the airport and taken direct to accommodation. It’s a bit of a luxury but we feel it’s worth it. We take the Cortina Express for the return journey. In the past we hired a car as it was very reasonable. Not now and we actually enjoy not driving.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sounds like pretty much par for the course for 4 people, @stellaps. Still less than the flight, I imagine - whereas lots of transfers are MORE than the flight. How much would you expect to pay for a driver and expensive vehicle for the best part of a day?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@pam w, in my experience €400 for a sub 3 hour trip is quite a bit! Last year’s return journey was just a little over that at half term, granted it was from Innsbruck. €700 is also more than the price I paid for our flights for 3 of us too. I expected an increase this season but not that much!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@stellaps, yebbut a 3 hour trip is 6 hours work for the driver, plus potentially waiting time and allowance for traffic delays. Fuel has gone up too

You want private transport you have to accept that your paying the driver for a full day's work plus costs.

Between three of you it sounds reasonable to me
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@richb67, I’ll look into Verona Airport Transfers. Thank you!

Sadly the Cortina Express departure would be too late for us @Gufo, but great suggestion and one I would consider in future.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Venice cabs are quoting us 600 euro return from Venice to Corvara in Jan. they were the cheapest we could find for 4 people plus skis and luggage.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Sounds good! Thanks @surferrosa,
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I recently organised a group trip so did a whole load of research into flights and transfers to Alta Badia, Venice had cheap flights but seemed particularly expensive for transfers. i wondered if it was because any snow would cause a very long diversion, more so than from e.g. Verona or Milan so the fixed price transfers need to account for that.

FYI in case anyone hasn't booked flights yet. For our group of 6 (everyone is different) the cheapest end to end route with a private transfer was via Verona (Manchester - Verona- transfer to AB).
ski holidays
@stellaps, Venice cabs last year was 320 euros to Pieve and I think the quote to Arabba was 350 euros (6 sharing so 54 each). So a quote of 400 is in the ballpark.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy