Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tech bindings with some piste work

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Bit out of touch on latest tech bindings - things have changed a bit since I last bought any, with stuff like the vipec having lateral toe release etc.

They’ll be going on some Salomon QST 106 Echos which will be for fresh snow days and some lift-accessed day tours. They will end up with a fair bit of time on the piste but having skied Dynafit Beasts exclusively for the last 5 years or so I’m very happy to go with a full tech binding and not something like the shift. Middle of the road weight-wise is fine though - not chasing a few grams here and there for uphill performance.

Anything standing out in the market at the minute? Current thinking is the Atomic / Salomon Summit.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Dashed wrote:

They’ll be going on some Salomon QST 106 Echos which will be for fresh snow days and some lift-accessed day tours. They will end up with a fair bit of time on the piste but having skied Dynafit Beasts exclusively for the last 5 years or so I’m very happy to go with a full tech binding and not something like the shift. Middle of the road weight-wise is fine though - not chasing a few grams here and there for uphill performance.

Any reason why not the Shift? It's lighter than the Beast and designed for pretty much exactly your use case (and does it very well). If grams don't matter it seems like the obvious choice?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
clarky999 wrote:

Any reason why not the Shift? It's lighter than the Beast and designed for pretty much exactly your use case (and does it very well). If grams don't matter it seems like the obvious choice?

Sorry, grams don’t matter within the context of tech bindings - don’t need to go crazy light as I’m not doing multi-day hut to hut etc but do want to go significantly lighter than the Beasts as I’ve got dedicated all mountain piste skis with alpine bindings as a “daily driver” (I think that’s the current term Very Happy ).

The shifts are 1700g a pair so pretty chunky. I was thinking more around the 800-900g stuff like the MTN Summit.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Dashed, ATK Raider/C-Raider/Raider Evo fitted with their Freeride Spacer Kit. No other full tech binding skis as well, especially on a wide ski. Bomber construction, loads of elasticity, removable brakes, independently adjustable vertical and lateral release, 5 climbing heights. Evo model also has auto lock-up brake in skinning mode and adjustable toe release. All at well under 400g per ski.

The Summit binding would be at the bottom of my shopping list.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@spyderjon - thanks. May well be popping over to see you nearer winter. Wasn’t familiar with ATK stuff but just had a look at their bindings and look very impressive
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
spyderjon wrote:
Dashed, ATK Raider/C-Raider/Raider Evo fitted with their Freeride Spacer Kit. No other full tech binding skis as well, especially on a wide ski. Bomber construction, loads of elasticity, removable brakes, independently adjustable vertical and lateral release, 5 climbing heights. Evo model also has auto lock-up brake in skinning mode and adjustable toe release. All at well under 400g per ski.

The Summit binding would be at the bottom of my shopping list.

x2
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy