Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Salomon s/max 10 - any experience ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys,
I'm looking for some skis and these popped up on my radar because a few places seems to be selling last years models at a generous discount (£340 new with bindings).

We're skiing for a month this year so figure it's worthwhile buying rather than renting.

I'm looking for something to be used on-piste in the Dolomites. If we get a dump of powder we can rent for a day so I'm not bothered about an all mountain ski.

I'm an intermediate level, getting the hang of carving, can ski pretty much any decent groomed piste but struggle when it's steep combined with bumpy or icy. On my last trip the rental company gave me a set of sport carvers (Blizzard quattro SR 70) and I really liked them so was tempted with something similar but am not sure if they would be a bit much for me to have all month.

So anyone any experience of the Salmono S/Max 10 ? any idea if they would work for me ?

cheers,
R

ps 72kg, 180cm, male
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Perhaps not very helpful but have you looked at websites like:

https://www.snow-online.com/ski/salomon-s-max-10-2023.htmlp
https://www.skiclub.co.uk/ski-tests/years/2020/salomon-s-max-w10

I had the salomon x max x12 last yr on rental
https://gearinstitute.com/gear-review/salomon-x-max-x12-ski-review-2017/

And this site and other reviews got it pretty much spot on that it worked great when really pushing into the turns. In retrospect it was probably a bit too stiff/ advanced ski for me and my level!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The Ski Club GB have just posted their ski reviews for this year and the new Salomon S Max 10 is one of their top 3 picks.

To summarise, I think they say it's a good ski for good skiers who want to improve and lets you build your technique on it. Suitable for intermediates to upper advanced.

How this compares with last years ski is probably the big question.

http://youtube.com/v/3aMI9-0rsms
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
thanks, I actually missed this because it doesn't appear on their website, very odd.

TBH it doesn't look like there's any difference over last years, certainly nothing in the press release, no addition of a phoenix feather or other such marketing garbage !
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I used a pair of S/Max this season and last for a couple of trips. I was borrowing them and if I am honest they were probably about 5cm shorter than what I would have speced if I had been buying them myself.

If you're going for this sort of ski then I'm guessing that you're all about carving beautiful turns - these do that very well and give great feelings on the edges. I really liked them.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
thanks both,
well one place sold out so I just took the plunge and bought my first skis, worst case I hate them, end up renting and they go on ebay... at £340 even with servicing it works out cheaper than renting for a month
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
richb67 wrote:
thanks, I actually missed this because it doesn't appear on their website, very odd.

TBH it doesn't look like there's any difference over last years, certainly nothing in the press release, no addition of a phoenix feather or other such marketing garbage !

Very Happy

They did get him to say "tight-anal" to camera though, which just amuses me as tgey say it with such seriousness, as if they are in the knowledge by quoting what they think is related to "Titanium" when it's just a marketing amalgum of "titan" & " aluminium" commonly known in engineering as "Duralamin" for a high strength alloy of mainly aluminium content.

More seriously, that ski family over the years, id say has very good match for your demands. A number of friends have bought the 10 nominated S-Max in it's progression through the years and used in similar profile to your own. I'd expect them to serve quite well for you.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@ski3, Smile
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy