Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

luggage tracker

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking to get a general/luggage tracker and was looking for recommendations. Unfortunately a android user which rules out the apple version which i believe is the most successful in real world environments. I did read android was opening up a tracker system in their eco system to work universally across the all android phones, did this ever happen?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I don't think there are generic android trackers. Samsung have their own, but require other samsung device in the vicinity - similar to how apple works.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Samsung's newer stuff I have and use and it works fine; there are a lot of Samsung devices out there which "speak" Bluetooth LE. The generic one is "Tile" I think, although that too requires other users to make it work. The Samsung stuff is good enough to track around UK and US cities at least, I've no experience with the Tile stuff.

--
One thing is that a couple of months ago modern phones started reporting "fellow travelling" tags which belong to someone else. So if you lend me your car keys and I drive your car, and those keys have a tracker (any time) on them, my phone tells me that I'm being tracked, and tells me how to report that and find/ disable the tracker etc. That change when it around May/ June '23. So if you're using tags for anti-theft, the crims no longer need to be technically competent to know they need to find and dump the tag.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I use Tiles - worked well enough so far. Generally update pretty fast, and are accurate. Not quite the same coverage as apple tags though I think. But good enough in airports etc.

Annoyingly I forgot to drop one in my bag on my current travels, which is when my bag got 'misplaced' Laughing Turned up just over 24 hours later, but a bit annoying just seeing my Tiles sat updating from home Cool
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
fixx wrote:
I use Tiles - worked well enough so far. Generally update pretty fast, and are accurate. Not quite the same coverage as apple tags though I think. But good enough in airports etc.

Annoyingly I forgot to drop one in my bag on my current travels, which is when my bag got 'misplaced' Laughing Turned up just over 24 hours later, but a bit annoying just seeing my Tiles sat updating from home Cool

Same here, bought four and can use them on Android phones and iPhones
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Further investigation I think Google/android allowed 3rd party trackers to link with find my device start of this year. Think there's one or two on the market compatiblewith this with more expected soon. I have taken the punt on chipolo ordered one on presale. I have ordered the Samsung one aswell which will hopefully be here before the weekend. Will get a direct comparison soon.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy