Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

A good place for walking late Jan

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've been asked to find a place for some walking.

The requirements:

Plenty of signed snowshoe trials.
Not too steep for walking, lifts not needed.
Likely to have snow late Jan
Flexible accomadation (this is a long weekend trip)
Restaurants for lunch within walks.
Restaurants for evenings near accomadation.

Not too much to ask rolling eyes

Ask suggestions welcomed!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sorry this might be completely indulgent, though there are people on here with direct experience of staying there, but whenever I ski out to Badia from Arabba and see people clearly without skis in and around Santa Croce monastery I always think it looks as though it would be a glorious place to visit at any time. The village looks prettty and videos from Ustaria Posta hotel only complement my own impressions. I would make that my first enquiry.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@toyah807, there's info about a snowshoe hike to the Santa Croce monastery here.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
My usual recommendations are Wengen and Kitzbuhel area.

Certainly, last time I went here Kitz had snowshoe walks arranged by the local tourist office but 5-6 years ago.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The Jungfrau region (Wengen / Grindelwald / Mürren) has tons of walking and snowshoeing.

https://www.jungfrau.ch/en-gb/winter-hiking/
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks!

I'll get looking
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
toyah807 wrote:
Sorry this might be completely indulgent, though there are people on here with direct experience of staying there, but whenever I ski out to Badia from Arabba and see people clearly without skis in and around Santa Croce monastery I always think it looks as though it would be a glorious place to visit at any time. The village looks prettty and videos from Ustaria Posta hotel only complement my own impressions. I would make that my first enquiry.

A word of warning. We followed the walking route from Santa Croce church down to the village (right hand side of chairlift) late January. The start was ok though fairly steep in deep snow. However, after the first flat section the rest of the trail was sheet ice and without our walking boot spikes we would have suffered a nasty fall or injury. Indeed it was so bad that we had to use or walking poles as brakes. It was only when we got to the end of the trail, just where it joins a road leading down to the village, that we noticed a sign saying that the route was closed to icy conditions. Why on earth they did not also post this at the top of the trail was beyond me
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@nahdendee, thanks, that will be really helpful I am sure. As I said I have only skied to Badia and watched Igor's videos to make my judgement that it would be nice to visit on skis or otherwise
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
toyah807 wrote:
@nahdendee, thanks, that will be really helpful I am sure. As I said I have only skied to Badia and watched Igor's videos to make my judgement that it would be nice to visit on skis or otherwise

No problem. There are lots of other walking and snowshoe trails leading out from Santa Croche church, I was merely advising the precaution to take walking crampons or boot spikes as some trails can get very icy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
St Moritz.

Hike the frozen lakes and forests. Not just the mountains.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy