Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Salomon Shift bidings

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello all,

I am currently gearing up for the season. Decided to refresh the gear and i came to a problemem. I ordered new bidings but no1 has a jig for it where i live in Northern Ireland. Found yt vid of a fella close to London but wanted to safe myself the hassle of driving hence the question. Does anyone know anyone reliable closer to Ireland with the jig? I know its a long shot but ...u never know.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
where about will you be skiing? I'll bet a left knackered someone in resort will have a jig for them. Make some calls before hand
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Gregorowski, is mounting the bindings yourself an option? It's not difficult if you are at all capable with hand tools. There are printable paper templates on t'internet, and various 3D printable jigs too. Obviously depends on your personal approach to risk and isn't for everyone.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanx guys,
I considered all from mounting them at the resort to doing it myself. Printing the template on a sticky sheet or sth to avoid it shifting therefore destroying the skis. We will see, all and all i can always hit the road to that place near London.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Gregorowski, What do you consider near Ireland? There are Ellis Brigham shops in Liverpool and Chester as well as Ventura in St Helens.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Let me put this like this, i was willing to travel to ski exchange 60 miles from London. Anything closer...is closer Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@spyderjon, at the PisteOffice
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Gregorowski wrote:
Thanx guys,
I considered all from mounting them at the resort to doing it myself. Printing the template on a sticky sheet or sth to avoid it shifting therefore destroying the skis. We will see, all and all i can always hit the road to that place near London.

Go for it , it's easy - I've mounted mine using Quiver Killers so I can swap different bindings between skis

It's well worth investing in a pillar drill so the drill bit is perfectly square, but other than that it's a breeze to do.

If you're worried and it's your first time, maybe do a trial run on a plank first
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Gregorowski, post them to Jon at the piste office if you werexwilling to travelling that far
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I mounted my own bindings & didn't quite get the holes in exactly the right positions, I think the drill shifted as it went in, all ok in the end but close to disaster.
If you use a paper template, I would use it to drill a piece of plywood first & clamp the plywood to the ski as a drill guide. That way, if you drill the plywood wrongly, it's no big problem to bin it & start again.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Gregorowski, be very cautious mounting the Shift binding with a paper template as many of them online have the toe stud location in the wrong place and it has to be mm perfect to slide correctly in the underside of the toe without either crashing or unhooking itself.

If you buy a binding drill bit from me (highly recommended) and if you ask me nicely I'll make/include an accurate Shift template to your specific bsl.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
rjs wrote:
@Gregorowski, What do you consider near Ireland? There are Ellis Brigham shops in Liverpool and Chester as well as Ventura in St Helens.

I would suspect that the Glasgow shop is nearer to Northern Ireland and anywhere in England. They can certainly fit Shift bindings as they did mine earlier this year.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy