Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Early January 2025

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Christmas & New Years Eve 2024 fall on a Wednesday, making the first full Sat-Sat week after from the 4-11 Jan 2025. Usually the week after NY week is low season and low season prices, but does anyone have any insights or guesstimates with an early Sat-Sat week will prices still likely to be low season? In the past the week has been even earlier of course, but I've never paid any attention to prices. Just trying to do some advance planning.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@rdk, my local schools go back on the 6th so I would be expecting it to be low season. Jet2 prices are out so may also give an idea of how they expect it to look.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks @toyah807. I imagine hotels could extend high season till the end of the weekend, but week-long apartments maybe not.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@rdk, quite possibly. My simplistic Jet 2 check didn't help....I just searched my local airports and found that Salzburg flights were cheaper for the week starting 11th but GVA flights cheaper from 4th Jan. I commend your early planning though, never too soon.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
A lot more effort and saving up coming from Australia, plus leave issues etc etc
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@rdk,
Which countries are you looking at?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
2024?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Kenzie probably looking at Les Arcs for that week, most likely Arc 1950. Usually I travel by myself staying in hotels half-board on a two week trip. This year was St Anton & Zermatt, previously Les Menuires a couple of times, Val D'Isere and Zermatt again. But Jan 2025 (my wife is OK with me going every two-three years) I might take my son for one of the weeks, so a chance to try Les Arcs which is light-on for hotels compared to apartments. Turns out a two bedroom apartment in Arc 1950 not much different to what I usually pay HB in a hotel, so self-catering would be OK.

I'm planning early becuase I want to book flights from Melbourne around March-ish so would like to have some idea about accommodation.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy