Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Alternative to Scott Lunas

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Asking for a friend.. is there an all mountain ski which is very similar in profile to the Scott Luna (which I believe isn't made any more) but without twin tips? Said friend is very happy with her skis in all respects save for the continual hassle of getting them into gondola slots. She is largely a piste skier, but can get decent angles on the Scotts and particularly appreciates them in slushy conditions. It's just those damn twin tips...
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Has said friend also factored in the colour coordination requirements of a new ski wink

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=3478676&highlight=scott+luna#3478676

Generally I'd say the twin tip comes into the things someone might like about a ski becuase it provides length in softer snow with an easier to release/slide tail so I'd be careful about choosing to sub in a full tail and expect the same feel. IME gondola slots are not TOO difficult to manage the process being

Separate skis
One in
Next in
Swear a bit
Jiggle
Say that'll do

Reverse on exit

Gets easier the narrower the ski.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Dave of the Marmottes, Laughing Actually, it is probably a sad fact that said friend actually doesn't need a new pair of skis. But you know how it is, it's fun contemplating shiny new things. And Solutions4Feet have just saved her a large sum of money by persuading her she didn't need new boots, so the ski kitty is fuller than expected.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I still have and love my Luna's (2 pairs! One with downhill bindings, one qk'ed for touring bindings). I now mix and match with my Superguides depending on conditions - but for a closer match I found Scott Slights very similar fun feel. 83mm waist available, still on sale some places quite cheap, as I think they've now been discontinued too...
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@fixx, thank you. I'll look.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy