Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

closed lifts in st christina/selva for this winter

Poster: A snowHead
hi there looking for some accom and found some close to 2 person lift of st christina-monte pana, and some near the 2 person chair ciampionie, I'm pretty sure the latter was closed last year and i'm sure i saw somewhere the monte pana one was shutting too.
i don;t mind a slow lift, i do mind a long walks and my family moaning as i cocked it up.
so if anyone is able to confirm these that would be great
thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@HugoC, you might get a more expert view by emailing the tourist information (Ciampinoi BTW) selva@valgardena.it
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The Ciampinoi two man chair has definitely closed.

Not sure which chair in S. Cristina/Monte Pana you are referring to : There is just the one lift out of S Cristina to Pana so I can't see them closing that ; the chairlift at Monte Pana provides a return lift to the Sella Ronda, so I can't see that closing either....?

===== EDIT ====

The S.Cristina to Pana is set to be replaced with a 10 person gondola Smile
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sorry to jump in but I'm off to Selva in Jan and wondering if it's possible to ski between the saslong and the Monte Pana lift, or if you need to walk? Cheers
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Owls101, Short answer - No : a Local might know I route, but no official link.
You can ski to Monte Pana from Piz Sella (Pist starts near the Comici restaurant)
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@albob, thank you Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
holidayloverxx wrote:
@HugoC, you might get a more expert view by emailing the tourist information (Ciampinoi BTW) selva@valgardena.it

thank you i emailed them and they can confirm both will be open this winter, so the news is that the ciampinoi 2 chair will be open, which is slow but i hate the queues of the main gondala,
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Far be it from me to contradict the Tourist Office, but I stayed at the Pralong Hotel (opposite the Ciampinoi 2) 2 years ago and the owner told me that the Ciampinoi 2 lift was permanently closed.

It no longer appears on the Ski Map -- beware !!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@HugoC, given allbob's contribution probably worth asking the tourist info why the Pralong Hotel is giving out that information...who is correct
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I imagine they thought you were referring to the gondola, the chair wasnt running 2 years ago.

But you could likely ski from any accommodation near there to the gondola or the costabella chair bridge.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
As @hobbiteater says, you can ski from that area (Plan) to the Crystal Bridge area. There is a 'track' that runs along side the river. Walk across the road from the Pralong, over a bridge and get your skis on Smile : If you are further up the road, get the short chair (Fungeia) to drop down onto the 'track'

@HugoC -- Which Hotel/Accommodation will you be staying in ??
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@albob, @hobbiteater, cheers for the tip about the track next to the river. I can see it on Google maps, is it definitely down hill? Any poling needed?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
poling at the end, as track goes uphill ; If you have enough speed it is Ok, but as it is a track other peeps can slow you down !!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@albob, thanks! Will check it out in January
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
not really polling, a little skate maybe. Its the clockwise sella ronda route. - or you can stay on the high side and get to the ciampinoi gondola

https://openskimap.org/#14.61/46.5504/11.76458

click on the runs to get the cross section - its not always super accurate because the terrain map is only so detailed and exact route of the track varies but gives you an idea.
snow report
@hobbiteater, Very handy - thanks for posting it
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy