Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Short break expert instruction advice needed

Poster: A snowHead
Can anyone recommend me a particular coaching set-up or will any ski school be able to provide suitable instruction..? I’m 50 something, active and fit, been skiing 40+ years, did race training etc when younger, and still ski at a fairly high standard. But over the last few years I’ve started to think it might be worth getting some help on technique - I’ve tried to follow various advice from online sources, but though I’ve been carving well for a long time I’m just not getting close to the the Bode Miller edge angles I’d like to! So maybe a professionally advised reset of my carving technique and body positions is what I need. I’m hoping to do a few days’ instruction early season somewhere fairly easily accessible from Geneva, Milan or Turin. Any ideas Snowheads?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=4988353

The PiPAU sounds ideal for you. Buttons are not up yet....
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@laraichean, We are running a short break Technical Tune-Up course that might be of interest with like minded skiers.

https://www.insideoutskiing.com/technical-tune-up-meribel
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Klamm Franzer wrote:
https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=4988353

The PiPAU sounds ideal for you. Buttons are not up yet....

This ^ though "...Bode Miller edge angles..." might be a bit ambitious snowHead
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I can very highly recommend a couple of one:one instructors in Zermatt; but that might not work for you due to the distance from Geneva. Let me know.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@laraichean, the suggestions so far are all worthy. Otherwise, https://www.warrensmith-skiacademy.com/ for example - and there are lots of such things.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Scott at Inside Out Skiing and James Bennett at PDS Snowsports could help. Both coach at Hemel so, if you live close enough and can get there when it’s quiet, you can work on technical stuff through the summer, ready to unleash it in the winter. As anyone who has watched James ski at Hemel will know, high end tech stuff is very possible for those with the skill (I watch with envy).
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
under a new name wrote:
@laraichean, the suggestions so far are all worthy. Otherwise, https://www.warrensmith-skiacademy.com/ for example - and there are lots of such things.

This was going to be my suggestion. Super easy to get to from Geneva airport via train.

I spent a week training with them before an exam and had a great time.

If you're prepared to travel a bit, Fede at Subzero in Zermatt would also be a great shout.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
skimottaret wrote:
@laraichean, We are running a short break Technical Tune-Up course that might be of interest with like minded skiers.

https://www.insideoutskiing.com/technical-tune-up-meribel

Looks good will check it out further -thanks.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
CathyAuLait wrote:
Scott at Inside Out Skiing and James Bennett at PDS Snowsports could help. Both coach at Hemel so, if you live close enough and can get there when it’s quiet, you can work on technical stuff through the summer, ready to unleash it in the winter. As anyone who has watched James ski at Hemel will know, high end tech stuff is very possible for those with the skill (I watch with envy).

I’m in Scotland so Hemel not too handy. Will check the suggestions out though, cheers.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Spend more days on Scottish snow. Everywhere else will be easy after that Laughing
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Peter S, too true!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@laraichean, Remembering how I modified my technique when switching from "straight" skis to current ones, to get bigger edge angles at some point you just need to tell yourself to incline/angulate more.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@rjs, exactly!!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
rjs wrote:
@laraichean, Remembering how I modified my technique when switching from "straight" skis to current ones, to get bigger edge angles at some point you just need to tell yourself to incline/angulate more.

Indeed! Been doing that for quite some time now, trying the tipping thing, trying not to hip dump etc… Definitely made some progress but unfortunately Beauty Full Send technique has still to be realised. Laughing
ski holidays
@laraichean, it sounds as if you’re a level or two better than me, so bear that in mind, but I very much enjoyed a late-November long weekend with the SCGB, skiing Saturday to Monday. Three full days of instruction from Rab at New Generation, in a group that ranged from confident (and often quite fast) advanced intermediates to people who’d passed a level 2 instructor qualification, & everyone got a great deal out of it.
snow conditions
@laraichean, Have you thought about restarting your race career? Plenty of masters racers compete on the plastic --- nothing like a stopwatch to identify poor technique .....
latest report
Lots of good suggestions above.

But pretty much any ski school will be able to help. Be clear on your standard and expectations, and they will match you with a suitable instructor. I can recommend the guys at Ski Zenit (operate in the Valais), some of their instructors are both at the level you need and excellent coaches.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy