Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Eurotunnel LeShuttle EU passports...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all, just wondering if there's any benefit to registering API with EU passports rather than our UK ones or using them at all?

We're lucky enough to have both as a family so when flying we normally exit & enter the UK on our British passports and enter/exit the Schengen area on our EU ones to skip the queues but given you do that within 100 metres at both Folkestone & Calais has anyone experienced any benefit of EU passports on the tunnel?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Maybe if you don’t want your uk passport entry /exit stamped??
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@jma, unfortunately no benefit at all, the Irish one takes the same time as a UK one with the exception of only a cursory check by the French leaving the UK (everyone gets checked in & out of Schengen) but the queue is the same.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Rush through security so you can sit in your car a bit longer?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@jma, It also doesnt matter what you put in the API as long as it is a valid passport number, there does not seem to be any check to see if the numbers match with the ones that are scanned by the Eurotunnel personnel (leaving UK) or passport officers (leaving Calais). I have two passports (the credit card sized one valid everywhere in Europe except the UK and a normal one) I always put in the number of the credit card sized one but generally have to use the normal one, no one has ever noticed.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@munich_irish, Are those credit card size ID cards handy for other things ?? I have one, but it just sits in a drawer at home.....
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@munich_irish, I used to have two UK passports (one for Arab countries and one for Israel) and have flown entering one as the API and turned up with the other. No guarantees though!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@munich_irish, that's what I thought, thanks, most helpful.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@albob, living in Germany it is very useful as everyone has to carry ID (if you are a German citizen you get an ID card), I also use it for travelling (except for the UK) as more convenient, though annoyingly they don't work in the automatic gates.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
albob wrote:
@munich_irish, Are those credit card size ID cards handy for other things ?? I have one, but it just sits in a drawer at home.....

Which country issued your one?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@rjs, Ireland
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy