Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cerviniap

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Can someone share their recent experience of Cervinia?
Do you need the more expensive ski pass to enjoy a day over to Zermatt?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It's a big but relatively mellow ski area. Prone to weather at the top. Yes getting the international pass will cost significantly more. I guess the thinking is that with new gondola connections getting back from Zermatt is more secure (you always had to pay close attention to weather closures before as it's a very expensive cab ride to return) but I have no real experience of that and haven't followed closely.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you want to ski the more demanding skiing on the Zermatt side you are better off staying there.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Can the OP please correct the spelling in the title it's doing my (OCD) head in
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@GrumpyM, If you are in Cervinia best to download the "Cervino Ski" App. Webcams, snow reports, weather forecast, slope and lift status, all in real time. Best to buy the Cervinia pass and upgrade to International pass when/if the link is open, don't expect the weather/wind to be kind every day, I was in Cervinia earlier this season and the possibility of skiing into Zermatt was 2 out of 6 days.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Cervinia is great and, whilst the on piste skiing is more intermediate oriented there is some excellent off-piste if conditions allow.

You can buy an extension to your Cervinia pass ‘on spec’ if conditions are good and then ski over to Zermatt which, as others have noted, is a more extensive area and has more challenging skiing on average.

Food is as good as the more culinarily acclaimed Zermatt and about half the price.

What more to say; the village is quite small but has everything you really need.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Check the prices of multi-day passes vs 1 day at a time. If you buy each day separately, you just buy an International pass if you wake up and decide to go to Zermatt. This is cheaper than paying for a local multi-day and then paying for an International add-on on top. It also means you don't pay for days when the weather prevents skiing at all.

It is perfectly possible to ski right to the far end of Zermatt and back in a day, with a leisurely lunch break.

Next season there should be a new cable car from the top of Zermatt to the top of Cervinia, but I don't think this will reduce the risk of weather closures. The constraint is the cable car and gondola to the top of Zermatt, which will close in high winds. There is a T-bar alternative, but they don't seem run them any more (perhaps for summer only?). Once you've got there, you ski down to the border, so having the alternative of a cable car to the border isn't going to make this last leg of the journey any more windproof.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Agree with the comments above - i like the description of it being a mellow ski area, I think that fits well. The runs are wide, well maintained but feel a bit samey at times. We went in 2022, and it's a big area but we had a few mornings where the wind got up and the lifts were shut for a few hours, which is a bit frustrating when you just want to get out and ski. It didn't seem to affect other areas and some of our party had the same in the week before, so it felt like wind was a particular issue for Cervinia.

When the weather allowed we went over to Zermatt, and it's a more interesting and varied area, so that was the preference for skiing. However it's much more expensive so can see why people would prefer to stay in Cervinia and ski in Zermatt - if only weather wasn't such a pain at times!

I'd happily go back but in reality the wind issue probably put us off to a point that we'd look at other options first.

I liked the village - some good bars, a good vibe and some really nice restaurants.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy