Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

roof racks on a hire car from munich

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey
First time posting here but thanks to all for helpful advice I've learned from previous threads
Heading on a ski holiday with 5 mates this year to a resort only accessible by car from.wjere we're staying (steinplatte on aus/ger border). So think we need a roof rack for skis
Does anyone have experience renting roof racks ideally from munich? You seem to be able to add them at checkout, though not clear to me how many each fit, whether they generally come pre fitted etc
Suspect it's a few calls to the rental agencies but any tips gratefully received Very Happy
Thanks
Russell
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
they hire the magnetic ones, each on takes 2 pair of skis
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
An alternative is to buy your own inflatable or soft roof rack, and take it with you - about £35 for a basic system from Amazon or similar, 1Kg weight. The only potential problem is that you'd have to fit it in the car park, which at Munich is typically some way from the hire company staff, but if you don't ask permission first they may object. For 5 pairs, this could be less expensive than a single mag mount, and of course you'd need 3.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If there's 6 of you do you not have something big enough to fit them inside? You might need to 'de-bag' them but would have thought youd get them in under/over/through the seats, certainly with enough comfort for the c. 2hr airport/resort drive.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Are you staying in Waidring? There is a bus...
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
A Handirack is what you need:

http://www.handiworld.com/handirack-1.html

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2689376
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I have a handirack also. Great thing for hire cars and skis!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
If you read the small print of your hire contact it will probably (in a convoluted, legal way) you can't fit your own roof rack to your hire car...so just chuck everything in, drive out the car park and around the corner and fit it there/reversing the process on your return.

I guess it could be an insurance issue if you have a big accident - but if you've had a big enough accident that you can't remove it it's probably way down your list if concerns.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy