Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne to Arcs 2000 by Taxi during Ski season

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I may be in a situation whereby I need to get from La Plagne to Arcs 2000 on the 24th of December. Does anyone know how easy it would be to arrange a taxi from one to the other and approximately how much it would cost? I see the estimated route time is 1hour15 minutes. I am also conscious it is Christmas Eve day and the 24th of December is quite a big deal in France. Any tips most welcome
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Mr Blue Sky, what time are you planning the journey? During the day it should be possible to get the bus to bourg st Maurice then get the funicular and navette to arc 2000.

I cannot see why you cannot get a taxi, but it will not cheep. I imagine about 150 euros.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@johne Thanks for your reply. I’ve found out that I can get a shuttle organised by the place I will be staying at in Les Arcs from Bourg St Maurice for 50euros so I’ll probably go with that! Cheers.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Dup

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Sat 10-06-23 20:58; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Is there a bus from La Plagne to Bourg St Maurice? It might have a bus down to Aime, and then train (or different bus?) to Bourg.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I think it’s bus from Plagne to Aime La Plagne and then train to Bourg st Maurice. A bit of a kerfuffle when I think about it so may just need to opt for a taxi / shuttle straight from La Plagne to Les Arcs
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Or you could just ski over, of course...
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Mr Blue Sky, aimed la plagne doesn't have a railway station. You may be looking at the navette between the la plagne villages.

The busses to and from bourg St marice may be scheduled to coincide with the trains, or may not. I doubt there will be much more info available until the autumn when people start planning their winter holidays.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@johnE, Aime-la-Plagne does have a station. It's the stop between Moutiers-Salins and Landry.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Taxi is about E70.00
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@sugarmoma666, The station is in the town of Aime in the valley.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks everyone for the feedback. I think I’ll just be taking a taxi - skiing isn’t an option due to luggage.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
johnE and sugarmoma666, it is confusing.
Aime and Aime-la-Plagne do get mixed up. It depends rather on how you write it.
Take Decathlon and Le Clerc.
Decathlon is at "Aime - La Plagne", while Le Clerc address is "73210 Aime-la-Plagne".
If you ask Google Maps for Aime la Plagne or Aime-la-Plagne it will take you to the town in the valley.
The station sign says "Aime", but the website states "Aime La Plagne": https://en.la-plagne.com/discover/practical/taxis-transports-car-parks/aime-la-plagne-train-station.
The skiing station is referred to as Plagne Aime 2000.

I am sure you can find many more confusions. Lots of room for a jolly good arguement. Very Happy
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Jonpim, It's getting a bit like Bourg St Maurice Les Arcs, or is it the other way around. I think I'm getting a bit long in the tooth and hadn't realised that Aime was trying to think of itself as la Plagne. And they don't even have a funicular to connect them. Next, I suppose, it will be Moutiers Courcheval.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy