Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

NZSIA level 1/2

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello,

I'm thinking of doing my BASI level 1 very soon (I think I should pass, hopefully) then aiming to do my NZSIA level 2 at the start of NZ winter 2024.

Does anyone know if there would be many NZSIA level 2 courses running at the start of the season and how easy it would be to get a ski instructor job the same season?
I'm also not sure how good at skiing I need to be too pass level 2, especially in terms of perfect posture etc. If after BASI level 1 I think level 2 would be too difficult can you convert BASI level 1 to NZSIA level 1?

I skied on dry slope a bit when I was a child, have been on a few ski holidays and 1 season in the 3 Valleys, then started learning freestyle on dry slope over the last couple of years.

Thanks, Jodie
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
For the L1 and L2 standards you can find some videos on Youtube to give you an idea. Although a lot of the demos can look pretty basic there is quite a lot of detail to get right, even at L2 standards.

for example:

http://youtube.com/v/cXwMK0gr_Xg?feature=shared

http://youtube.com/@nzsiaski
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Jodie11, why are you specifically thinking of doing the NZSIA level 2, rather than continuing with BASI?

If I were you, do your L1 in a snowdome asap, IASI also an option, then see if you can do your L2 during the upcoming season. You'll then have your qualifications ready to apply for roles in NZ for their 2024 season.

Doing your L1, your trainer will be able to give you an idea if you'll be good enough to pass the L2 as well.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Jodie11, BASI also have videos showing expected standards for L1 and L2

level 1
http://youtube.com/v/TFy4uMZsoYU&list=PLOGgbTRgldiPOqIB_vi8Ydo5UvzjMh1RW

level 2 shorts (Then there are separate videos for longs, moguls, steeps, variables)
http://youtube.com/v/CCIFc3Nx_WQ&list=PLOGgbTRgldiPOqIB_vi8Ydo5UvzjMh1RW&index=3
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks everyone! I booked my BASI level 1 and passed on Monday. I'm not quite at level 2 standard yet.
I was planning to go to NZ at the start of next year anyway and I think it would work out a lot cheaper to do it there.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Jodie11, congrats, welcome to the instructor journey! Are you planning on getting much skiing in this winter? You could always get a L2 done at the end of the season meaning you could apply for a teaching role in NZ ready for whenever you get out there.

Either way, congrats, and enjoy. Are you planning to teach at your local dry slope/indoor slope?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy