Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Swiss Avalanche Incidents 2022 - 2023

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
For people who like a lot of facts and figures a summary of the Swiss snow and avalanche situation for last season.

https://pistehors.com/x0cZZIgBa1z5JvF2m4xc/2022-23-swiss-avalanches

More information on the slf.ch website.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
That is just awful.

For someone with claustrophobia, the thought of being stuck in an avalanche is absolutely terrifying.
You wouldn't even die from hypothermia, as common sense would suggest, it is rather the asphyxiation that gets you.

I know the probability of an avalanche is small, I have a higher change of getting into a car accident on the way there, but going out this way gives me the chills.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
In case you missed it in last weeks news Shocked

A missing student has been found dead about three months after an avalanche that occurred in Meiringen.

Two students were buried in an avalanche in Meiringen BE in March. A student (†18 ) from England was found dead shortly after the avalanche – the second student (†18 ) remained missing.

Now follows the sad certainty: The American, who had attended a boarding school in the canton of Bern, was found dead on Sunday morning in Grindelwald BE.

It was discovered during a regular check of an avalanche cone below the Gstelliwang. Investigations revealed that the deceased is the missing student.

https://www.blick.ch/schweiz/bern/nach-lawine-in-meiringen-be-vermisste-schuelerin-18-tot-aufgefunden-id18686564.html
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We're basically skiing on graveyards.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The Canton Bern incident as referred to by @stanton, was a particularly odd incident. I was in the Jungfrau area when it happened.
The first victim was recovered at the time of the incident. The poor second soul was mentioned at the time but the Swiss reporting was foggy in detail to put it politely.
We can only assume that this was an extremely deep burial in a terrain trap. Highly unlucky as snow cover depths on those hills was not great.
The location, as I understand, was east of Grösse Scheidegg heading down the Reichental to Meiringen.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy