Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Good value skiing. Not fancy resorts unless, as they often are, best value

Poster: A snowHead
I'm back babies Blush
Sober for four weeks having gone cold turkey on first day volunteering for Ecowarriaz at Boomtown festival
Money I'm saving not buying booze I've promised myself im going skiing. First time for 6 years...
I'm no fancy skier, I like open groomed blues I can go as fast as I dare.
I skied the same run for four days last time skiing at Meribel...
I'm really easily pleased. Good snow sunshine and mountains is all I require.
Any tips offers for good value trips?

Thanking you in advance.
Mike

I'll happily trade hang gliding experience in leu of, limited
£'s

Trade so be in your favour.
I run the world's oldest hang gliding school.
Day's cost £145 pp pd
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The EoSB is great value and usually has a fair amount of sunshine being in April. Link to last year, buttons aren’t up for this year yet.
https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=161812
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@MIKEUP,

Would you mind repeating that in English

Thanks
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@MIKEUP, for your priorities: I would aim for a smallish ski area in France, in early / mid March after French half term holidays have finished.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@MIKEUP, sober for four weeks and now you've hit the bottle big time Laughing Laughing

Are you going solo? Do you want to solo or want company? If the latter UCPA/bashes are an option. If the former bit more tricky but there have been threads on here about if you search.

There are dozens of places that would fit the bill in terms of ambience, value, skiing that you are talking about. Hard for anyone to pluck a place out of thin air though. Any preference for country, type of station (traditional, functional), apres?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
MIKEUP wrote:
I'm back babies Blush
Sober for four weeks having gone cold turkey on first day volunteering for Ecowarriaz at Boomtown festival
Money I'm saving not buying booze I've promised myself im going skiing. First time for 6 years...
I'm no fancy skier, I like open groomed blues I can go as fast as I dare.
I skied the same run for four days last time skiing at Meribel...
I'm really easily pleased. Good snow sunshine and mountains is all I require.
Any tips offers for good value trips?

Thanking you in advance.
Mike

I'll happily trade hang gliding experience in leu of, limited
£'s

Trade so be in your favour.
I run the world's oldest hang gliding school.
Day's cost £145 pp pd

Ski Welt e.g Soll might fit the brief.

Btw - thought Kitty Hawk was the oldest hg school ? ( last flew my Magic Kiss 30 years ago this year, in Laragne, I’ve just realised)
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for all replies.
Fyi.
I don't follow rules per se.
My opening statement at first AA meeting was. "Hi I'm Mike and I used to be an alcoholic" ( light)
. I've decided not to continue drinking any alcohol.
I'm not sure if kitty hawk is still operating.
Peak hang gliding school started in Brighton in 1974, under different name and owner.
Do I guess it's Carlsberg thing

Probably the oldest hang gliding school in the known universe
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Layne wrote:
@MIKEUP, sober for four weeks and now you've hit the bottle big time Laughing Laughing

Are you going solo? Do you want to solo or want company? If the latter UCPA/bashes are an option. If the former bit more tricky but there have been threads on here about if you search.

There are dozens of places that would fit the bill in terms of ambience, value, skiing that you are talking about. Hard for anyone to pluck a place out of thin air though. Any preference for country, type of station (traditional, functional), apres?

Solo I guess
I'm looking to go away early.
The bargains I've had in the past ( eg amazing fully inclusive HQ chalet in Meribel flights transfers double room ( solo) balcony sauna open log fire TV etc was £350 incl.
Just had to pay for ski hire and lift pass. Same amount again.
So I guess I'll try for early doors/first week of season.

Plus/and or I was looking at going for Xmas as I've concluded, with little evidence, that is not the most popular time to go skiing so bargains abound... I'm hoping
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

I've concluded, with little evidence, that is not the most popular time to go skiing so bargains abound... I'm hoping

Laughing yet again. Where is this daft idea coming from?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
It's not THE most popular time to go skiing, that's half term, then new year, then christmas, so it's only the 3rd most popular

Leaving aside the first / last weeks, the cheapest week of the season seems to be the week just after New year, but then you get lots of families taking kids out of school as they're ok with missing one week to get the cheap prices. The rest of Jan is pretty cheap too, rising as you approach Feb

If you can wait till last minute, then go mid jan and book as close to departure date as you dare

If you want to book now, then check the prices for mid-jan and when you find a price that interests you, ask here about the resort. Someone might well even know the accommodation
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The snowheads end of season bash mentioned above and the Snowheads preBBWUW in Alleghe is a great option.

For the preBBWUW
You can get cheap flights to Venice or Treviso and easy transfer to Alleghe.

1/2 board and lift Pass is included. Also included in EOSB.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Is a bash the ideal place for someone on the wagon Puzzled Laughing

If it is then I'd say PSB is probably a good shout, fantastic value and usually some good options for decent lessons with good instructors.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@nbt, yes after all 4 weeks of half term, which is usually the last 3 weeks of February and the first week of march
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Maurienne valley has tons of options
Les Sybelles
St francois longchamp
Valloire/valmeinir (i think there is a 15km run from top to bottom that is blue / green with various other runs joining/splitting)
Val Cenis
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
nbt wrote:
It's not THE most popular time to go skiing, that's half term, then new year, then christmas, so it's only the 3rd most popular

Leaving aside the first / last weeks, the cheapest week of the season seems to be the week just after New year, but then you get lots of families taking kids out of school as they're ok with missing one week to get the cheap prices. The rest of Jan is pretty cheap too, rising as you approach Feb

If you can wait till last minute, then go mid jan and book as close to departure date as you dare

If you want to book now, then check the prices for mid-jan and when you find a price that interests you, ask here about the resort. Someone might well even know the accommodation

Many thanks. Sounds like s sound plan Eh oh!
snow report
SnoodyMcFlude wrote:
Is a bash the ideal place for someone on the wagon Puzzled Laughing

If it is then I'd say PSB is probably a good shout, fantastic value and usually some good options for decent lessons with good instructors.

Many thanks for the concern.
I'll not be even tempted to drink any alcohol, with pure mountain water available for free ..
After all I am Scottish Eh oh! Eh oh! Eh oh!
ski holidays
pam w wrote:
Quote:

I've concluded, with little evidence, that is not the most popular time to go skiing so bargains abound... I'm hoping

Laughing yet again. Where is this daft idea coming from?

Where, sir/madame he she they
Do your c unhelpfull comments come from.
Ltd of the abuse please.
If you've nothing nice/helpful /germane to say.
Gfys.
snow report
[quote="MIKEUP"][quote="pam w"]
Quote:

Gfys.

Shocked Shocked Shocked
snow report
The moderator had to step in in informed.
Tut tut
Be erudite my all means please.
Helpful when you can.

No ad hominem unless (Oh dear, I'm rather losing my cool - I think I might have wee-weed myself a little bit :oops:) nessesary.
ski holidays
What?
Taf
not what I wrote
ski holidays
Ok

I get it...
Not
I was only attempting to entertain...
latest report
I've not read the the full rules here.
No swearing Eh oh! ?
ski holidays
No swearing Eh oh! ?
ski holidays
No swearing Eh oh! ?
latest report
Subject: Re: A snowHead edited out their reference to you...
Hey, girls, and boys, just wanna have fun??!
No
Am I making a fundamental misjudgment of human nature, specifically some skiing c#@ts,?

Mike

On Sun, 3 Sep 2023, 19:57 robo_admin at snowHeads, <robo_admin> wrote:
Love from snowHeads xHi Mike Orr,
Well aren't you not so popular after all?
Bergmeister edited out their reference to you in this post on snowHeads.

Love from
latest report
Please, back on topic...
Skiing, my love of and looking for
best value ski

I'm not ashamed to tell you I've got no money. Still hoping to save ... Up to £1000 by Xmas to put towards few weeks.
Probably will not manage that as car insurance due soon.
Everyone is to expect +25% premium. I'll be looking at more if I'm convicted of two speeding fines before I renew.... Do that will be chunk of change (£500+ I estimate..)
snow report
Are you okay, Mike?
ski holidays
@MIKEUP, I started my hang gliding with Peak Hang Gliding many years ago when you were based in Stone (maybe you still are). It was a start to a love affair with aviation and a career as a commercial pilot. Many thanks to you.
As it happens I'm also a friend of Bill and have been for 25years Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi good to hear
Name?
I'm Mike Orr
Other instructors Allan hetherington
ski holidays
SnoodyMcFlude wrote:
Are you okay, Mike?

Never better
How's your self
latest report
Hi good to hear
Name?
I'm Mike Orr
ski holidays
Hi good to hear
Name?
I'm Mike Orr
latest report
MIKEUP wrote:
SnoodyMcFlude wrote:
Are you okay, Mike?

Never better
How's your self

To be honest, I'm slightly confused by the bizarre stream of consciousness above, especially given all the duplicate posts Shocked
latest report
If your can tell me how to delete duplicates ?
snow report
@MIKEUP, you cant if its no longer the last post in a thread. Administrators can but are probably too busy and its not that important. All you can do if its not deletable is edit it to leave a comment like “Deleted double post” or “…” or something.
snow conditions
Thanks ster
ski holidays
If there's snow there, you can't beat Soldeu.

I love that place.
latest report
Thanks
What's good about it
Sure. Snow always helps, however I've found through last few trips, opening week, the snow cannons do great job on piste
ski holidays
MIKEUP wrote:
Thanks
What's good about it
Sure. Snow always helps, however I've found through last few trips, opening week, the snow cannons do great job on piste

I've been several times. I stayed in an apartment every time but one. I went out to eat every night, and on one trip every single place I ate in, I'd 100% recommend. The apres is great, there's live music in pretty much every bar. There's great nightclubs go on till the early hours - particularly Fat Alberts(we 3 times stayed in a fantastic apartment they owned - 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms).

The ski domain isn't massive. I think you could quite easily ski from Soldeu - to Pas and back 3 or 4 times in a day if you wanted.

I love some Austrian resorts I've been to. Particularly Kirchberg I've been to several times. Not a single one beats Soldeu though.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy