Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Summer Belleville valley - outdoor swimming

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone know of pools or lakes in the Belleville valley that are outside are usable in the summer? I have checked the tourist office website but all the public pools look like they are indoors. No mention of swimming lakes. Any tips or insider knowledge welcome!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I’ve only skied over it, but the Lac du Lou?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Lac du Lou is very cold.

la Trappe above Moutiers is swimable.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
In theory you’re no supposed to swim in Lac de Lou in summer, though I recall seeing someone taking a dip in it last summer. I think it’s generally discouraged for fear of damaging the local ecosystem. However, one spot I might be tempted to dip my toe in is just above the top of the St Martin 1 lift. We walked past it a couple of years ago and it looked very inviting. It’s not very big. If you look on google earth you can clearly see it. A mtn bike track goes up and down past it. And it’s also signposted for walkers, though the signs are hard to spot and the path is more of a vague sheep track, from the other side of the piste opposite the Corbeleys restaurant. Screenshot attached
The lake down in Bozel would definitely be worth a visit. That looks like a great place for lolling about on a hot day, and is set up for swimming and other activities. No dogs allowed (which I completely understand) but as we have a pooch we’ve not really ventured down.

ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thank you very much!

I was just reading that a new spa and pool may be built in the village.

I am surprised that there are no outdoor pools in The Valley currently. Need to up their game to attract a summer family crowd.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Matrix, there is a plan d'eau at les Menuires but I don't think you are allowed to swim in it.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Perty wrote:

The lake down in Bozel would definitely be worth a visit. That looks like a great place for lolling about on a hot day, and is set up for swimming and other activities. No dogs allowed (which I completely understand) but as we have a pooch we’ve not really ventured down.

I was going to suggest Bozel also. We were able to walk the dog round to the far side of the lake, but not the side nearest to the town (north side i'd guess)
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Matrix, where did you hear about new spa and pool in St M..I vaguely recall mention of such an idea a couple of years ago, but would love to know if there really is something being done about it.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Perty, it was posted by FreeAlpineSpirit on their Instagram story. This is what I could find online.

https://www.agence-chabanne.fr/projets/centre-de-bien-etre-saint-martin-belleville/
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ahh..it’s on the Commune website too. Build start date said to be April 2023, just below the current sports hall.
V swanky.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy