Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Oakley interchangeable lens goggles - what were they called?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A friend has a pair of Oakely goggles from a few years back that have interchangeable lenses. He needs new lenses, but we can't remember what the goggles were called, so it's impossible to search for the lenses, if they are even still made. I know all the lenses are replaceable, but this style had a lever that made it easy to change them on a regular basis.
Can anyone remember what they were called?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
various ones I'm afraid -
Canopy and Air Brake were the most popular a few years back but I think both have now been discontinued so stock may be harder to find.

**Edit** sorry - reread OP - the ones with the levers were Airbrakes, probably the XL
https://www.switchbacktravel.com/reviews/oakley-airbrake-xl

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Fri 24-03-23 10:23; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I think the technology was called Unnesassary Faff.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks guys. I've done a bit ore googling and discovered that they are the original Airbrake, not Airbrake XL. Now to see if we can find any lenses anywhere. Seems unlikely
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Airbrakes. I managed to get a new lens a couple of years ago but it was sparse pickings.

Quote:

I think the technology was called Unnesassary Faff.

I absolutely love mine! So easy to change the lens between full sun and whiteout Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
As above, Oakley Airbrake (not XL I think) are the goggles being described.

I got some spare lenses at half price from Freeze Pro Shop before they disappeared a few years ago but have looked for lenses since and not found any. I still have a spare frame and a couple of newish lenses tucked away somewhere (I think!) for when the current frame falls apart as I really like them and I don’t find the lenses a faff to change.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Other Oakley models (Flight Deck is one I know of) have changed the size naming of their lenses (e.g. XM is now M, apparently), but the product is still the same according to the internet. I don't know if this is also the case with the Airbrakes, but it might be worth an email to Oakley customer services for a definitive answer.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Going to have to wait till we're back in England before looking for stock, everything is coming up in France at the moment.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Airbrake and Airbrake xl lenses come up quite regularly on ebay.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/175663497555?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=N0snmSLsSwG&sssrc=2047675&ssuid=15kx0_U1Slm&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@karin,
Several airbrake lenses on ebay uk at present.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Everything that came up was for motocross Airbrake goggles, or not in stock. New goggles have been bought instead.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
There's at least 5 lenses on there just now. However, if you're sorted then that's fine.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy