Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best Women's One Quiver All Mountain And Tour Skis For 2024

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Oh's take on what she rode at the recent SIGB ski test, trying to find that all-elusive women's one-ski quiver ski for All Mountain / Backcountry Ski Touring out of the 2023-2024 crop of skis, including various extracts from other tests to compare those against her own findings, so an all in reference guide as it were.

Also, are the big brands moving away from women-specific skis and just adding additional lengths (smaller) into a specific range.

Including one of the first reviews of the ISPO award winner, Womens / lighter weight SCOTT Pure Tour 90.

https://stylealtitude.com/best-womens-one-quiver-all-mountain-and-tour-skis.html
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have the Agent 2.0 and would be very happy having those as my single ski. Faction identify their female skis with an “X” but are identical to their unisex range. They simply come in shorter lengths but are same geometry and stiffness. They have pink, purple and green but not barbie pink.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
A great ski trip for all-mountain/backcountry skiing could include the SCOTT Pure Tour 90, as it has been awarded an ISPO award and is designed to fit the needs of lighter-weight women skiers. It's a great all-rounder that can handle a variety of terrain and conditions, so it's an ideal quiver ski for women who want to explore the backcountry and beyond. Additionally, many of the big brands are now offering additional lengths for their women's skis, making it easier to find the perfect fit for any ski trip.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks, useful review from your OH. I've been really tempted by the Santa Anas for a few seasons. Picked up some Black Crows Orb Birdie last year because in reality we probably do 70% on piste 30% off but am still looking for a pair which have more all round focus. Also in the market for touring skis...
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks-I've yet to pull the trigger on a dedicated touring ski. Mr P bought me some bindings for Christmas, but I now need to look for boots, skis and skins!. The Scotts probably should go on the list. In terms of length, how tall is Mrs W? I'm weighing up going shorter and wider vs narrower and a bit longer. (I'm 165cm tall)
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I’d not go too long if they’re your first touring ski. Kick turns are easier if you’re not flapping around a longer ski.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Mrs R&W switched to Augment this season and has fallen in love with handcrafted excellence. Great range too.
https://augment-sports.com/collections/all-mountain
https://augment-sports.com/collections/touring
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
RedandWhiteFlachau wrote:
Mrs R&W switched to Augment this season and has fallen in love with handcrafted excellence. Great range too.

All skis are handcrafted.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@RedandWhiteFlachau, trouble is, and I've been there seen it done it with boutique brands, is that they do not hold their value when it comes to selling them, might be why we have a whole garage full of skis Laughing
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Dashed, yeah…been there doing kick turns on my 168 Salomon stance skis with shift bindings- look like a baby giraffe taking her first steps. I’m looking at 160-165 max length.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

They look really nice. A bit more radius than OGSO and probably a bit more fun as a result. What sort of camber do they have? Good price as well. Have just put them on my list for the future - hopefully they get a rep in France.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Revisiting this thread to post briefly a review of my new touring kit.

I pulled the trigger on boots (Scarpa Gea RS) and touring skis-Black Crows Camox Freebird (95 underfoot), plus the dedicated skins.
I already had the ATK C-Raider 10 bindings courtesy of Mr P for Christmas.
So far the one thing I haven't done is actually any touring!

However I'm feeling very happy with the whole package so far. The boots fit really well-I particularly like the ratchet type strap that pulls the foot back into the heel pocket. They have been excellent on the downhill both on an off piste-so much so that I skied on them in preference to my Nordica Strider boots which were cast aside for our last week on the snow.

The bindings (not that I have any experience of pure touring bindings before) are a joy to use compared with the Salomon Shifts I had been used to, where the level of fiddling and faffing between ski and walk mode can be quite exhausting.

And finally-the skis. I went for the 164 length in the end (I'm 165 tall and 62kgs). I've skied a mixture of nice quality snow on piste, chopped up slush and off piste in up to about a foot of fresh and somewhat heavier snow. They have proved to be very capable so far. I'd go so far as to say that on a hard to medium piste they exceeded my expectations to the point where I think I'd rather ski the Scarpa boot and BC combo that my "all mountain" Salomon Stance 88/Nordica boot set up.

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Sun 16-04-23 15:23; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Perty wrote:
.....I'd go so far as to say that on a hard to medium piste they exceeded my expectations to the point where I think I'd rather ski the Scarpa boot and BC combo that my "all mountain" Salomon Stance 88/Nordica boot set up....

My OH hardly ever deviates from her touring set-up even on the piste, 106 Pagoda Tours and Scott touring boots, even though being the male I nag incessantly to use her piste gear, but I've given up now Laughing
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'd love to try the Scarpa boots with my fattest skis (Liberty Envy Powder 104), but sadly only this season, after 3 years where they were gathering dust in the garage, I stumped up €180 and upgraded them from old Alpine bindings to Gripwalk, which, in the minefield that is boot/ski compatibility means I will still have to use my "old" boots.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Weathercam wrote:
@RedandWhiteFlachau, trouble is, and I've been there seen it done it with boutique brands, is that they do not hold their value when it comes to selling them, might be why we have a whole garage full of skis Laughing

Last thing on my mind when I am looking for skis is resale value.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy