Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Saas Fee ski hire and service

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm planning a family trip to Saas Fee in the Easter Hols. Does anyone have a recommendation for a ski hire shop where I can rent some skis for my son?

We are staying at the youth hostel so my initial plan would be to use the Cesar Sport Express opposite the Alpine Express for convenience.

I am bringing a pair of my own skis but I haven't used them for 5 years so I'd like a safety check on the bindings, ideally something quick on the first morning. Is this a sensible request for a ski shop or would I need to leave them with the shop and hire a pair for a day?

I'm confident I can get the edges and bases in good condition myself so it's just the bindings check I need.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The best ski shop in Sass Fee is Glacier Sport. We have used them over many years, servicing and buying kit.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@zikomo thanks.

Do you think they would they be happy to do a quick bindings safety check or would I need to book a ski service?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Also is Glacier Sport the big Intersport on the corner before the bridge that has a row of E-Bikes in the summer? From memory its opposite the watermill restaurant.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I used to use the little independent ski shop near the Don Ciccio pizza place but it looks like it has closed down. The ski tech (probably owner) was called Dragan I think and he used to setup Left foot/Right foot skis with super sharp edges.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Henwc, yes and yes! You have the right place, and they have the kit to check bindings properly. You might have to leave your skis and hire some for the day. But they will do a full seduce and check, and you will get a TUV sticker. I would email them and see if it can be done quickly in the morning.

And just fyi the rental and service center is downstairs, I’m case you end up in the shop a bit confused at the lack of skis etc!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks, the first day is a Wednesday so hopefully they won't be too busy, I'll get in contact.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Another vote for Glacier, although Cesar by the Alpin Express is not bad. Had mid-trip servicing in both shops.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Update: the email response from Glacier from my enquiry was so helpful, polite and fast that they have won my business. They said they would do a BFU test for me for 20 CHF which is basically 2 hot chocolates and a Kit Kat so I'm reasonably happy with that.

20 CHF is also more than 1000 times cheaper than a private ACL repair so it seems well worth it.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Henwc, always had top notch service from them. Except maybe after a few years going there when they opened an account for me to which all and sundry in the family could charge things during the week!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Glacier Sport were excellent thanks for the recommendation
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy