Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Parking in Val Thorens

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

We are staying at Residence L'Arcelle in Val Thorens for 6 nights from 15 April. I understand its near the tourist information and there is a supermarket underneath.

Just used https://www.valthoparc.fr/ and realised you can only reserve a car space upto 7 days before (oops), so missed that . Once our car is parked we dont plan on using it.

Can anyone recommend any parking (ideally free) please ?

Thank you
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Yoghurt007, unfortunately there is nowhere to park for free in VT, not that i could find anyway. nearest long term free parking is in les menuires, logistically achievable if you arrive in the daytime as you could unload, drive down to LM, park up and get the bus back up, or ski, but a bit of a pain.

you can just go to the main car park in VT on arrival and pay for a parking space, the main covered (and open car park for over height vehicles) car park has a 24/7 reception that you can pay for parking, i used this one last week though i had reserved my space some time ago.

you should be ok, as it will be a quieter week than these 2 easter weeks

i know the location of the building, it is spitting distance from the main shopping centre and sports hall, and walking distance to get on to the slopes by the covered travelator. you are right, there is a decent sized carrefour supermarket underneath.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
terrygasson wrote:
@Yoghurt007, unfortunately there is nowhere to park for free in VT, not that i could find anyway. nearest long term free parking is in les menuires, logistically achievable if you arrive in the daytime as you could unload, drive down to LM, park up and get the bus back up, or ski, but a bit of a pain.

It really depends how much you consider €80+ for parking to be a pain...

Another alternative would be to park for free in P5 (VT), then walk about 7 minutes to Cairn gondola lift.

If you do decide to park in Les Menuires (10 mins drive away) you could do so at La Masse lifts, then take 2 ski lifts (Doron and Mont De La Chambre; or Reberty and Bruyeres) and ski back to VT. Then at the end of your trip you can ski straight back to the car (no lifts required Very Happy ).
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Yoghurt007, If you arrive on a Saturday the bus back up from Les Menuires to Val Thorens isn't free. You need to get the (paid) Altibus.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Many thanks for your replies, much appreciated
If I park in P5 and get the Cairn gondola life back to near where I am staying, will I need a pass please?
I may not have purchased the ski lift passes at that point.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yoghurt007 wrote:
Many thanks for your replies, much appreciated
If I park in P5 and get the Cairn gondola life back to near where I am staying, will I need a pass please?
I may not have purchased the ski lift passes at that point.

Yes. A lift pass is required for Cairn.

Or there should be a free bus running from P4 (next door to P5) back to VT.

Failing that, I'm sure if you stuck out a thumb somebody would give you a lift (5 minutes drive, max).

Another option would be to pay for 1night's parking in the town when you arrive, then move the car to a free car park the morning after (when you have a lift pass). Or park at Les Menuires then take a taxi back to VT (if you travel back to VT on a Saturday, as the free bus doesn't run that day and a taxi costs about €10 per person).
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks very much for the advice
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Cairn is free for pedestrians. (Depends whether you have skis with you or not?)
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The bus between Les Menuires and Val Thorens on a Saturday is €6.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
denfinella wrote:
Cairn is free for pedestrians. (Depends whether you have skis with you or not?)

Good to know. That's news to me Very Happy.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Bergmeister, that's what I've read anyway - worth checking directly!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy