Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

TRAVELSKI SAGA - just checking others experience

Poster: A snowHead
OK I had a bit of a rough travelski experience. Some stuff was their fault, but I will admit some was my nativity in thinking I’d booked a package holiday as that’s what they advertise. Rather than as it appears - various elements stuck together via sellotape (I could have done DIY)

However final straw is lift pass. They advertise a 7 day lift pass with a package. My documents say sat 21/01/23 to fri 27/01/23. They said we can pick up lift passes on arrival.

MY LIFT PASS WAS A 6 DAY PASS WITH AN EXTRA 1/2 DAY AT THE START.

Which meant I couldn’t ski the first half day. I have been arguing with them and they are adamant that it’s correct.

I assume all those who have traveled with Travelski had a full 7 days and could put on those early lifts on Saturday. Is that correct?

I need to get proof the customer service team are complete xxxxx and to get a refund before I go nuclear all over FB and anywhere else I can leave a review.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Their website currently says:

Quote:
Travelski Express
Book now all-in packages including:

- Direct ski trains with Eurostar from London St Pancras to the Alps (Tignes, La Plagne, Les Arcs, Val d’isere, Les Menuires and Meribel)
- Accomodation
- Your chosen resort
- Return transfers
- 7-day lift passes

So surely that is not a 6 1/2 day pass?? Please let me know how you get on with this. I'll also flag it to them
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If that is what was advertised and you got a 6.5 day pass it is simple case of false advertising. Write to them, give them 7 days to resolve. Then go the small claims route near whatever address they use in the UK. Include your costs in the claim. You will have no problem, it is an open and shut case tbh.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I know that’s what the website says. It’s driving me mad at the moment with so many little things that went wrong.

I have in writing from them I had a 6 day lift pass, and they don’t seem to understand that was not what was understood/booked.

I can see others managed to get out on the slopes straight away, which we couldn’t. So it proves their mistakes.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
zikomo wrote:
If that is what was advertised and you got a 6.5 day pass it is simple case of false advertising. Write to them, give them 7 days to resolve. Then go the small claims route near whatever address they use in the UK. Include your costs in the claim. You will have no problem, it is an open and shut case tbh.

I agree. I messaged them on the first day 21/01 that we had the wrong pass. But it was a Saturday and by the time they responded the pass was working (4 days later)

Its taken until today for them to confirm I was given a 6 day lift pass
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
where did you go ??
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
La plagne
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ahhhh in that case........ The LP lift pass comes with a free 1/2 day on 6 days valid from 12.30, sounds like they ve charged you a 7 day price, but booked 6 using

Bonus
FREE: extra ½ day with every Paradiski pass valid for 6 to 8 consecutive days.

The day before the first day of skiing from 12:30 pm.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
stefoy4me wrote:
ahhhh in that case........ The LP lift pass comes with a free 1/2 day on 6 days valid from 12.30, sounds like they ve charged you a 7 day price, but booked 6 using

Bonus
FREE: extra ½ day with every Paradiski pass valid for 6 to 8 consecutive days.

The day before the first day of skiing from 12:30 pm.

Exactly. That’s why I want to get info from others that used Travelski and if they got 7 day passes.

I can see reviews on FB saying people got the extra day. I think with mine they screwed up. It’s taken 2.5 weeks for them to agree I got a 6.5 day lift pass. They then said they will not refund.

I checked before our journey that we could collect the lift passes, i didn’t think I’d have to check if they could be used!!!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Lucywuk, clearly not your responsibility, but Tignes, where the company also goes, does offer 7 days for the price of six. Perhaps they have just extrapolated that to all the resorts. They should have been thorough - sue them!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ski lots wrote:
@Lucywuk, clearly not your responsibility, but Tignes, where the company also goes, does offer 7 days for the price of six. Perhaps they have just extrapolated that to all the resorts. They should have been thorough - sue them!

I’ve started writing a crap review on FB and strangely got a response. They are coming back to me after 11am
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I actually contacted their UK team yesterday to flag this, they replied

We do give 7 day passes so this does seem strange.

I will speak with the service centre in the morning to find out why this issue seems to be on-going

For the avoidance of doubt, we get customers in to resort in sufficient time for them to get the 1st lift up on Saturday so it needs to be a full 7 day pass
Quote:

I will speak with the service centre in the morning to find out why this issue seems to be on-going
For the avoidance of doubt, we get customers in to resort in sufficient time for them to get the 1st lift up on Saturday so it needs to be a full 7 day pass

It is wrong and I'm sure it will be resolved
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
iainm wrote:
I actually contacted their UK team yesterday to flag this, they replied

Quote:

It is wrong and I'm sure it will be resolved

Thank you. The email I received today was

“Dear client,

The information said :

Exceptional offer : SKIPASS PARADISKI : including a ½ in addition, the day before the 1st day of
skiing from 12.30 pm (for 6 day passes)

We are really sorry but we cannot do any refund.

Best regards,”

Hence my frustration. Bearing in mind my first email to them was before 12:30 on Saturday 21st when I could t use my pass.

(Somehow we managed to use a lift- I think in the crowd we were let through, we got up the mountain, then could t use it. That lift guy allowed us up, so we could ski down to a lift pass office and ask. So we got 2 runs in, and then stopped. Despite this, it’s the principle of it all. Communication is fire)
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
All very frustrating. How much money did you lose? I have successfully prepared and won a small claims case. However, unless your claim is from £1000 upwards, I would not think it worth the hassle. Unless you wish to pursue the case as a matter of principle (and that might be more effective through social media rather than Court). When Mrs a and I went to court each stage took time and money up front. We got about £4,200 back - and that was quite a few years ago - so it was worth the effort (including turning up at Court and conducting the case).

You might be successful at the first stage - but you might not. And then it would be a question of when to stop, and so you could get sucked into the process.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I didn’t lose money, it’s more the annoyance. I just want a refund of one day ski pass each. Not much. But it’s the principal as their service is shocking.
snow conditions
quite common a 6 day lift pass comes free with 1/2 a day also.
It is blatant mis-advertising.
If you paid by Credit Card, then notify them before running off to small claims court & see if you can claim under section 75. SCC will take a dim view if you have not tried every other avenue including mediation.
Next contact their local trading standards for mis selling.
latest report
It is no longer called small claims, but never mind. I sued a number of people from less than £5 (they were being a real and abusive pain) to £12k and won every single case. Most people settle on the threat if your case is well founded. On only 2 cases did the respondents employ legal advice and in both cases the lawyer contacted me to settle as quickly as possible. It is now an easy on-line process - be as reasonable as you can but stick to your guns. If you win the respondent pays your costs.
snow conditions
Lucy,

They screwed up.

- The website clearly states a 7 day pass when booking the travelski express(https://www.uk.travelski.com/travelski-express). Ignore the 6.5 day chit chat. The pass they gave you was a 6 day pass.
- Why would Travelski arrange to arrive at a resort for a full day of skiing but only issue a pass that gave half a day?
- None of the paperwork issued suggested anything other than a 7 day pass
- All other persons travelling on the same booking received 7 day passes

If you get no further joy, I would consult the French equivalant of the ombudsman.
ski holidays
This is what it says on my invoice so I am expecting a 7day pass given the dates:

- Apartment Arandelieres
From Sat 25/03/23 to Sat 01/04/23
- 2 Skitrain London/Bourg St Maurice/London - Premium Class
From Fri 24/03/23 to Sat 01/04/23
- 2 Luggage storage for departure day (2 pieces of luggage per person)
- 2 Skipass Smile & Pass Classique
From Sat 25/03/23 to Fri 31/03/23
- 2 Transfert A/R en autocar Bourg Saint Maurice / Les Arcs 1800 / Bourg
Saint Maurice
ski holidays
Lucywuk wrote:

The email I received today was

“Dear client,

The information said :

Exceptional offer : SKIPASS PARADISKI : including a ½ in addition, the day before the 1st day of
skiing from 12.30 pm (for 6 day passes)

We are really sorry but we cannot do any refund.

Best regards,”

Hence my frustration. Bearing in mind my first email to them was before 12:30 on Saturday 21st when I could t use my pass.

(Somehow we managed to use a lift- I think in the crowd we were let through, we got up the mountain, then could t use it. That lift guy allowed us up, so we could ski down to a lift pass office and ask. So we got 2 runs in, and then stopped. Despite this, it’s the principle of it all. Communication is fire)

I went to La Plagne last week and had the same paperwork as you by the looks of things. Above the piece you just quoted there should have been some dates? Mine said From "Sat 28/01/23 to Fri 03/02/23" which is 7 days, and a 7 day pass is what the person at the lift ticket office gave me. Now as it happens when I received the documents I thought that piece of wording was confusing and potentially could cause problems when trying to get my pass given the language issues. So I wrote to Travelski for clarification so I woud have something to show the person at the ticket office if there was a problem. As it happens there wasn't, but your experience shows there easily could have been. If your dates were the same as mine then it looks like the error was made at the ticket office.
ski holidays
[quote="greengriff"]
Lucywuk wrote:

I went to La Plagne last week and had the same paperwork as you by the looks of things. Above the piece you just quoted there should have been some dates? Mine said From "Sat 28/01/23 to Fri 03/02/23" which is 7 days, and a 7 day pass is what the person at the lift ticket office gave me. Now as it happens when I received the documents I thought that piece of wording was confusing and potentially could cause problems when trying to get my pass given the language issues. So I wrote to Travelski for clarification so I woud have something to show the person at the ticket office if there was a problem. As it happens there wasn't, but your experience shows there easily could have been. If your dates were the same as mine then it looks like the error was made at the ticket office.

The lift passes were waiting, as confirmed before we left, with the apartment agency. I believe they gave us the wrong pass. But to get an email from
Travelski denying any responsibility makes me dig my heels in more.

And thank you as your info is exactly what I need to say someone made a mistake.
latest report
@Lucywuk, Did your paperwork for the passes not say the following: "In order to get your skipass, please use this voucher to collect your skipass at the lift ticket office."?
snow conditions
@Lucywuk, Just a quick question - did you travel by train or by other means ??
snow report
greengriff wrote:
@Lucywuk, Did your paperwork for the passes not say the following: "In order to get your skipass, please use this voucher to collect your skipass at the lift ticket office."?

No it said at the accommodation office, when we collect keys. I then asked Travelski in advance (I have emails) to confirm if we could pick up passes at 9am as we couldn’t get keys until 5pm. They confirmed we could. And when we arrived, they were ready.

And yes we traveled by train as a ‘package’ including a 7 day lift pass.

I know I sound pedantic. But I don’t think I am the only one who has had at the very least, communication issues. It all started with changing the outbound travel from Saturday morning to Friday night. A lot of people have then had issues with everything about getting into apartments, baggage storage, breakfasts, transfers etc.
it was like having a DIY holiday, but worse, as you had no one to contact or contracts that you had. It all came from Travelski. Once in resort it was a typical ‘not out problem shoulder shrug’
snow conditions
@Lucywuk, It's not pedantic at all. I agree with you that what is being advertised and what customers are receiving is not quite the same thing. My worst gripe was being dumped at a bus stop in the pitch dark with a child, luggage and no idea where to go. Nothing in the transfer paperwork said we wouldn't be dropped at the hotel (or, indeed, where we would be dropped) so I'd made no preparations. Without Google maps it would have been a real problem.
latest report
@Lucywuk, I think in that situation I would have immediately paid for a further 1-day pass (or morning only if available) and then asked Travelski to refund it. Threatening court action if they didn't pay up pronto.

Also travelling with them to La Plagne in a few weeks, so hoping they get their act together.
snow report
We booked an apartment in Tignes with Travleski but via booking.com during the Piste Performance Week(10-17 Dec) as our travel did not fit the Snowheads bus times. We just wanted to ski in Tignes not get coaching. The booking confirmation said someone would meet us at the location with the keys and asked what time we would arrive. Travelski contacted us wanting to book our ski passes and said they would be available with the keys. We declined as I get senior rate and Mr mogulski gets a free pass. When we got to the apartment nobody arrived, we tried all the phone numbers and got recorded messages as it was Saturday evening. Eventually we went to Taos where the Snowheads were staying and admin got us a studio there for 2 nights until we got the keys on Monday morning. All the booking.com info said collect keys at the apartment location. We also got pages of stuff in french which we assumed said the same as booking.com but tucked in amongst the french was to collect keys from an agency before 7pm on the Saturday. Booking.com agreed we had been given the wrong information in english and repaid the full cost of 2 days in Taos.
snow report
We travelled with Travelski to Plagne Centre in early January and had no problems whatsoever. I've just found the receipt for my Paradiski pass (the actual receipt from the lift office, not the Travelski voucher). It clearly states "7 jours" and was issued at 09h47. By 11 am we were skiing into Plagne Bellecôte, so it was genuinely 7 days.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I emailed Travelski with a link to this thread and this is their reply:

Hi Charlie,

Thank you for your email.

I can see why you are concerned but I can confirm your skipass is for 7 days and you should not be affected with the same issue as the client on this thread.

You will receive your travel vouchers 7 days before your departure via email and you will see on here the confirmation of a 7 days skipass.

Many Thanks
ski holidays
Quote:

Booking.com agreed we had been given the wrong information in english and repaid the full cost of 2 days in Taos.

That's a good result - but good for Admin too, finding you somewhere to crash!
latest report
Thanks for all your support. They agree I got a 6 day pass BUT until they have investigated why, they won’t refund.

Tbh that’s the point, in my eyes a package should refund, and claim back. Not wait for the WHY
snow conditions
@Lucywuk, The reason I asked which method of travel you used is because you only get the 7 day pass if you travel by train (drive/fly is 6 day pass).

Seems they treated you as a drive/flyer and issued a 6 pass - pity they cannot just admit someone made a mistake.....
ski holidays
What are shame they are making such a consistent hash of the ski train. So many issues with schedules, tickets, can't book the train unless you book the holiday - I could go on here...
snow report
I think when we went last season we got the train and had 6.5 days of skiing and were happy with this, I can't remember what it was advertised as but I'm fairly sure it was billed as being able to ski from 12:30.

When we went to the ticket office to pick them up they said they would probably work from that point anyway, so fill your boots. Which we did. We were La Plagne last season.

Not sure what time you arrived, to then miss out on some skiing, after kit hire, etc..

This season we are Les Arcs and booked our own lift passes - as we booked 6 or more in one go we've got the 'free' 1/2 day on arrival, so hope to make use of that as well Smile
snow report
Lucywuk wrote:
I didn’t lose money, it’s more the annoyance. I just want a refund of one day ski pass each. Not much. But it’s the principal as their service is shocking.

I agree with that ^^^
latest report
Lucywuk wrote:
Thanks for all your support. They agree I got a 6 day pass BUT until they have investigated why, they won’t refund.

Tbh that’s the point, in my eyes a package should refund, and claim back. Not wait for the WHY

Keep at them. Make it more expensive in admin costs for them to keep refusing you than it would be to pay up Toofy Grin
latest report
Bill them our time as consumer advice consultants while you're at it. Must be £1000 worth here. Happy for my cut to go to the site admin.
snow conditions
Csb123 wrote:
Bill them our time as consumer advice consultants while you're at it. Must be £1000 worth here. Happy for my cut to go to the site admin.

Lol. Thanks everyone. Hopefully nagging will get results
latest report
QUICK UPDATE

Firstly a refund given Very Happy

Secondly the UK area manager called and we went through a lot of issues around their service. I fully appreciate the change in train time was not their fault, that was SNCF issue and they had to make changes to 9000 bookings. In a matter of days/weeks.

However he agreed that the biggest issues people have had are communication. I said that they needed to be more easy to reach, possibly a live chat if needed. That fluent/native English speakers would help when there are issues. And that the communication should be better.

I really appreciate their call and willingness to talk about expectations.

Tbh this is more than I expected and does help.

So yes there are issues. But they are hopeful to resolve some this season and more for next season.
snow report
Well done Lucy. Hopefully they take your comments on board.

Its a good value and unique service when it works. Hopefully they get get these issues resolved.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy