Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Will 'Snowdomes' refuse to fit old boots to hire skis?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Old, as in original Raichle Flexons...
I may have to hire some skis at the Castleford and/or Milton Keynes indoor snow centres and due to having weird feet I'd really rather use my old Raichles than their hire boots. I do have some new boots but not quite got them fitted yet, I'm taking care to get them heat moulded perfectly and might not have time to do it this week.
So... Yes or No? (braces for incoming...)
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You defo don't want to use their boots and I see no reason why they wouldn't fit up your boots
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Highly unlikely the boys and girls on the desk would know they were particularly old. As long as the sole length figures can be seen and the heel and toe pieces are “clean” should not be a problem.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ski lots wrote:
Highly unlikely the boys and girls on the desk would know they were particularly old. As long as the sole length figures can be seen and the heel and toe pieces are “clean” should not be a problem.

Great! They have boot length and DIN markings.

I've got stiffer tongues from Full Tilt so now they look a bit more 'modern'. The Raichle logos on the boot are also just printed on rather than raised relief, so a quick sandpaper and suddenly I could be cool again!

snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Deveron53, again? Laughing Laughing Laughing

Raichle Flexon Comp VIPs - my favourite boots, ever…
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Grinning wrote:
@Deveron53, again? Laughing Laughing Laughing

Raichle Flexon Comp VIPs - my favourite boots, ever…

I have found a new boot to replace them. K2 Revolvers! Now with added Gripwalk.
Just need to very carefully heat mould the liner then the Flexon's Grandson will take over duties.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Deveron53, that's good as I was about to note that I wouldn't be using the Raichles "in the wild" - at that age I'd be expecting a rapid return to original molecular states.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
under a new name wrote:
@Deveron53, that's good as I was about to note that I wouldn't be using the Raichles "in the wild" - at that age I'd be expecting a rapid return to original molecular states.

You will all be pleased to know I hit the end of season sales and (as noted above) scored some lovely K2 Fl3X TW Revolvers almost half price. I attacked the old Raichle Flexons with a drill and cannibalised them for the cables, levers, spoiler etc. The Gripwalk has necessitated some new bindings as well.

I prefer the old Raichle plastic levers as you can operate them better with gloves and the metalwork looks a lot better quality than the K2 efforts. More low profile actually and the heel hold down lever now doesn't catch on the cuff. The Raichle levers fit the K2s perfectly! And they're yellow.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy