Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chamonix Early April still ok?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello, planning a very last minute ski trip (leaving this weekend early next week) with my kids age 12 and 15. Both confident skier. Is Chamonix still worth going to snow wise? Mainly done spring skiing in val d'isere (and Sweden and Norway of course Very Happy ) but was looking to try something different. Or anywhere else you could suggest? Open to suggestions Austria is also good. Many thanks!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I would suggest that lack of snow will be the least of your issues:

https://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/Chamonix/6day/mid

Once it does stop snowing Brevent and Flegere will quite quickly become spring like in the sun. The Grands Montets should keep a winter feeling for longer.

A lot of other places will also be good next week though, key things you're looking for are terrain above 2000m and at least some North facing terrain
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for the response, yes that was my worry if the temp goes up the snow will go quickly. Do you still think Chamonix is a good option? Or any other resort to be a better option?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The snow won't melt fast enough to close any of the runs apart from maybe those back the valley floor from Brevent/Flegere (and I don't know if those are open anyway at the moment) but after a day or two of sun they will get slushy, hard to say how slushy and it bothers some people more than others. IMO Chamonix is great if you want a winter holiday with some skiing or if there are specific mountaineering/touring things that you want to do, but for most people who want 6 days of skiing in a relatively large area then I think that there are many better options in France next week, i.e. any of the big Tarentise resorts, but this is subjective
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hmm might just go back to Valdisere.. any other resorts on your short list? Like to try somewhere different. What’s your Top 3 resorts for next week? Thank you!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@rambotion,
Quote:

the valley floor from Brevent/Flegere (and I don't know if those are open anyway at the moment)

I'm not sure they've really been open at all this season. Certainly not been in any great shape, even early on and defo not skiable right now!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@SweSki, you can't wrong with Val d'Isere, probably my favourite resort, the 3V should be able to match it for piste skiing though next week, although you will encounter more slush getting between the good bits than in the Espace Killy (and all 3 of the valleys will have good bits, not just Val Thorens). Ischgl and Verbier would round out my top 3 suggestions for next week but Verbier only if the itinerary runs suited your group
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@SweSki, completely biased, but ValD every day of the week. Always top to bottom cover until the end of season, and especially now with the current storms dumping.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thank you!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy